Page 436 of 463 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,232 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No club is taking a player going in for an ankle reco. Timing is highly likely to be because of the ankle prognosis.
    I was mostly kidding 707

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I too am sad and disappointed. I hoped the ankle surgery would fix his problems and we would see him back at his best. Obviously it hasn�t worked out that way. He has my best wishes for the future.
    I was really hoping the ankle surg would give us a few good years yet

Kurt Tippett, the 6 million dollar bionic man. He must have cost us close to that by now?

Callooh! Callay! What a frabjous day!

Not sure how this all pans out for us with the list and salary cap, but AJ's heart is likely beating a little faster...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Why can't he just retire.
    Thank you Kurt.

I've been a fan and supporter of Tippett throughout, but injury just took his best years away. It's a pity, but things like this happen.

I said in another post that he would never play another game. So it goes. As it turns out, his retirement is the best thing that could have happened for the Swans. We are overstocked with ruckmen in an era when ruckmen are going out of favour. It opens up opportunities for Cameron and perhaps Armatey sometime down the road.

Kurt seems like a really nice guy and I wish all the best to him. He won't have much to worry about financially. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Regular in the Side
    Really surprised! Saw him and AJ being filmed by a staff while walking barefoot step by step at last Friday Open Training. I felt at the time that he was recovering well and could not believe he would retire soon despite the rumour had already started at Big Footy. I genuinely feel sorry for him.

The interview on the Swans app/website ... Tippy initially seemed pretty sad I wonder how soon after his announcement that was made.

Opti-pessi-misti
    It is sad news in so many ways but the decision would have been made on medical advice -.facing up to realities.

At least AJ is quite bit younger and he has come to terms with spending time in the reserves if necessary. Whether he is putting too much pressure on his knee by doing so only time will tell but it seems right for him to give it one more year.

He should donate his wages back to the club. What a waste of money he's been.

Veterans List
    I was hoping when I read the rumour yesterday that it wasn't true. So sad that he had to retire like this.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    This is making the decision to recruit extra ruckmen over the last couple of seasons look a bit more sensible. Anyway, good luck Kurt, injuries have curtailed a top career.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    This is making the decision to recruit extra ruckmen over the last couple of seasons look a bit more sensible. Anyway, good luck Kurt, injuries have curtailed a top career.
    All the best to Kurt whose injuries were too frequent and severe. Not an ounce of spite in the guy.