Page 455 of 463 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459 ... LastLast
Results 5,449 to 5,460 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

I'm pretty sure when Tippo wasn't injured, statistically he was the best Ruck-FWD in the competition (I don't have any stats to back this up though, I just remember reading some stuff ages ago). Yes, injuries cruelled him, but at the time having Tippett on our team was the right decision. I'd guess that every club has a big profile signing that never worked out as planned, that's just life.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Absolutely. I demand excellence from my sporting teams. I find no joy in supporting perenial cellar dwellers, and choose my teams based on a number of factors, one of which is that the club has deep down, insatiable craving for success. Where every decision is not just to survive, but to thrive.

For example, I dont believe Buddy was brought in to just balance the books.
    I took something different from that.
    IMO your expectations are inflated, warped, and unrealistic.
    If your comments are based on those expectations, it helps me out because some of your comments can now be taken more with a grain of salt.

I expect that the Swans strive for excellence.
    Nobody enjoys supporting cellar dwellers, but many of us have lived this with the Swans, and continued to support them through it.
    You only choose a team once, then you continue to support them regardless of any factors.
    Every club craves success and wants to thrive.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I took something different from that.
    IMO your expectations are inflated, warped, and unrealistic.
    Take 2012 premiership side and add buddy and Tippet = expect another flag or two.

Nothing inflated, warped or unrealistic about that. In fact in 2016 it happened if you dont believe in fairytales.

You would need to be a true pessimist to not think that. (Especially when Buddy comes from the main contender you just beat in 2012. ie youve weakened your main rival)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I recently read an article about Peter Stubbs and his reasons for supporting the Swans. He was quoted as saying that he continued to support them after they moved to Sydney because "if your brother moves interstate, you don't choose another brother". I loved that. It is the polar opposite of this attitude. We all want success; none of us enjoys losing. But the kind of love that Stubbs refers to here goes so much deeper than the "insatiable craving for success", and it's what a genuine club culture is built around. Without such a foundation, success is empty and meaningless.
    I don't idolise those old south fans, I pity them, same as I pity Gold coast fans today.

You can't pick your family, but you can pick your sporting team (although geography has a lot to do with it) :

Warming the Bench
    I don't idolise those old south fans, I pity them, same as I pity Gold coast fans today.

You can't pick your family, but you can pick your sporting team (although geography has a lot to do with it) :
    That’s funny. As an ‘old South Fan’, I pity you.

I don't think you could have missed the point more comprehensively if you tried.

Take 2012 premiership side and add buddy and Tippet = expect another flag or two.

Nothing inflated, warped or unrealistic about that. In fact in 2016 it happened if you dont believe in fairytales.

You would need to be a true pessimist to not think that. (Especially when Buddy comes from the main contender you just beat in 2012. ie youve weakened your main rival)
    2012 was a long time ago... all premiership points have officially run out.
    Truth is, in 2016, they didn't play a good enough game to win a granny... weren't Tipoff and Buddy playing??
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If his body is good enuff to play for Strath, and he’s on our rookie list anyway, why isn’t he playing in our reserves in the NEAFL. Could be the difference come NEAFL finals time
    Wasn't in 2017. He played in the Reserves grand final loss to Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Truth is, in 2016, they didn't play a good enough game to win a granny... weren't Tipoff and Buddy playing??
    The Tippett premiership window has definitely closed......unless he's on the rookie list for one last crack!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I don't think you could have missed the point more comprehensively if you tried.
    threads, especially this one, are not the gun-barrell highway. They are meandering country lanes with many interesting side tracks.

threads, especially this one, are not the gun-barrell highway. They are meandering country lanes with many interesting side tracks.
    You're a poet Baz.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Agree, we weren't at our best that day but if the free kick count was more even, we would have won it by half time....we were still only seven points down early in the last. The umpiring gave the Fairypups hope and it took the wind out of our sails.....and they capitalised. We were screwed....big time.