Page 433 of 463 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443 ... LastLast
Results 5,185 to 5,196 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Apologies for that 'all knowing etc' grarmy, that was indeed unnecessary......sometimes I bite a bit quick and think a bit slow.
    Love a good bromance story. You know, seemingly irretrievable differences of opinion, tension ... then a kiss and make up.

Your parents taught you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Love a good bromance story. You know, seemingly irretrievable differences of opinion, tension ... then a kiss and make up.

Your parents taught you well.

Hope the same sex marriage law goes through.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Hope the same sex marriage law goes through.
    Even if it doesn't, it should make for a good movie. Probably a RomCom.

Veterans List
    No post on the Tippett thread for over 3 months! Very unusual......I'm so used to seeing the title so it's back to page one with you! I really do hope he gets his body right this year for one final tilt at greatness, or should that be redemption? I'll put it out there.....if Tipp has a great season (am I over reaching just thinking that is a possibility?), we will win the premiership.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st January 2018 at 05:47 PM.

no doubt.
    regardless, nothing surer than the Swan being premiers in 2018
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    No post on the Tippett thread for over 3 months! Very unusual......I'm so used to seeing the title so it's back to page one with you! I really do hope he gets his body right this year for one final tilt at greatness, or should that be redemption? I'll put it out there.....if Tipp has a great season (am I over reaching just thinking that is a possibility?), we will win the premiership.
    I sat next to Tippett for a good while (thanks to Cosmic Wizard for the Citibank experience!) and asked him about his injury. He was genuinely chomping to get back out on the track so he was good to go for R1. The person who was making the conservative call and had sway was his doc.

I like many supporters hope that Kurt's body holds up during the season. He is a unit when fit and is very hard to contain. Having a chance to meet and talk gave me a little more respect for how competitive these guys are. Did I mention that he seemed to be a great guy?

There's no doubt we need a fit squad if we are going to have a crack at the end of 2018. KT is a part of that equation. Let's hope the doc is right, his body heals and he has a great year on the field!

This thread is a great time capsule of the period 2012 to present.

We'd just won a flag with a makeshift forward line, and were about to land the biggest forward on the market. And then an even bigger one the year after. A dynasty of flags awaits..

Result. Ziltch!

Senior Player
    Rumour mill on BF suggesting Tippett may be about to retire...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Rumour mill on BF suggesting Tippett may be about to retire...

Nothing against KT personally but history of injury too ingrained

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Nothing against KT personally but history of injury too ingrained
    I have extremely mixed emotions about that possibility! If he�s not going to get back into the side again then probably best all round. How long would his salary remain in our cap?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I have extremely mixed emotions about that possibility! If he�s not going to get back into the side again then probably best all round. How long would his salary remain in our cap?
    For as long as he is contracted.

People make up all sorts of rubbish and post it on BF, usually without a skerrick of supporting evidence. If you believe everything you read on there, you probably also think Elvis is still alive and that the moon landing was a hoax.

Sorry I didn�t mean to imply there�s any truth in the rumour.