Page 432 of 463 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442 ... LastLast
Results 5,173 to 5,184 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    The embarrassment is about Tippo 1/ cutting and running from Adelaide without so much as a �seeya� 2/ joining the Swans on huge coin but proving way short on delivery 3/ providing a truly dreadful performance in a GF ( if he was injured to begin with how come he got the gig?) 4/ proving unreliable in the Legs Dept over seasons, repeatedly 5/ electing not to run and chase during games ( God almighty that ticked me off) 6/ in spite of what little �man love� remains from RWOers, and the girl crush from Annie H, Tippo is reduced to being just one of four ruck men vying for the one spot. That, ol� mate is embarrassing to him and the club.
    Well, 'ol' mate', seeing you seem to be claiming to have known all that before Tippett came to us, you'd better donate your 'magical crystal ball' to the club so they don't 'embarrass' anyone else in the future.....yeah, it's really easy to be an all knowing smartarse in hindsight, isn't it? I could make the claim that despite having minimal injuries, Buddy hasn't delivered us a flag yet....but that claim would be about as stupid as yours wouldn't it? Hindsight geniuses are not very clever at all really......

Veterans List

Fully agree with you Al. This club has proven itself over the past 15 years as premiers in the trade stakes. You would think our members would have enough faith in our recruitment approach, get this deal done and protect our premiership players. Dear me.
    Well, well, well......that was you on Oct. 6th, 2012, encouraging the club to do the Tippett deal.....it seems you didn't have a 'crystal ball' after all. Hindsight really is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I'll use any excuse to watch this clip again
    Classic Swans moment! They gave him a framed photo of that when he left, if I remember right. Wonder where he is now, seemed like a good bloke if not the greatest pick-up for us.

Game has moved on though hasn't it, we see Buddy and others do that off a step or short run almost every week.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, well, well......that was you on Oct. 6th, 2012, encouraging the club to do the Tippett deal.....it seems you didn't have a 'crystal ball' after all. Hindsight really is a wonderful thing isn't it.
    Boom! Now that's embarrassing.

Well, 'ol' mate', seeing you seem to be claiming to have known all that before Tippett came to us, you'd better donate your 'magical crystal ball' to the club so they don't 'embarrass' anyone else in the future.....yeah, it's really easy to be an all knowing smartarse in hindsight, isn't it? I could make the claim that despite having minimal injuries, Buddy hasn't delivered us a flag yet....but that claim would be about as stupid as yours wouldn't it? Hindsight geniuses are not very clever at all really......
    Er.... no. No claim from me about prior knowledge. Fake news.

Sincere thanks for finding this post. Demonstrates my original support for Tippo. Alas, it was ground down over seasons due to the underperforming Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Boom! Now that's embarrassing.
    No, no. I am the good guy who wanted Tippo at the Swans to begin with. Embarrassing is what happened to Tippo e.g. during the season being nominated by national media as the most overrated of afl players. Boom, Boom.

Just wild about Harry
    You guys now have me chuckling at work... This is why kids need to be taught about social media as anything they put out there can come back to bite them.

The embarrassment is about Tippo 1/ cutting and running from Adelaide without so much as a �seeya� 2/ joining the Swans on huge coin but proving way short on delivery 3/ providing a truly dreadful performance in a GF ( if he was injured to begin with how come he got the gig?) 4/ proving unreliable in the Legs Dept over seasons, repeatedly 5/ electing not to run and chase during games ( God almighty that ticked me off) 6/ in spite of what little �man love� remains from RWOers, and the girl crush from Annie H, Tippo is reduced to being just one of four ruck men vying for the one spot. That, ol� mate is embarrassing to him and the club.
    The club sticks by those who are injured in the line of duty... AJ, for example.
    He's had a foot reconstruction, again, I fully expect the club to stick by him as he recovers. He's a contracted player. If we uncontract him, we still have to pay his contract out, the money still gets counted towards our TPPs and we get nothing and gain nothing by doing it.
    From day one I said taking Tipoff was a gamble, as he is made of plastic.
    Whether you like it or not, he's staying.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Sincere thanks for finding this post. Demonstrates my original support for Tippo. Alas, it was ground down over seasons due to the underperforming Kurt.
    All good grarmy!.....I'm as frustrated as you are with Kurt but having seen what he can do when fully fit and firing and being an eternal optimist, I just keep on keeping the faith. I'm sure Kurt himself is slightly embarrassed at how his high profile recruitment to the Swans has panned out but I'm also sure he is trying to do his best to finally repay us and always has. He has played through injury a lot for us over time in an effort to prove himself which shows a lot of character I suppose. I have my fingers firmly crossed for next year......

All good grarmy!.....I'm as frustrated as you are with Kurt but having seen what he can do when fully fit and firing and being an eternal optimist, I just keep on keeping the faith. I'm sure Kurt himself is slightly embarrassed at how his high profile recruitment to the Swans has panned out but I'm also sure he is trying to do his best to finally repay us and always has. He has played through injury a lot for us over time in an effort to prove himself which shows a lot of character I suppose. I have my fingers firmly crossed for next year......
    Heartfelt post. Respectful. Honest. Appreciated. And I fully support your decency. Makes me feel better after you suggested that I was an all knowing smartarse, which I thought was unnecessary and in your case, out of character. We all want Tippo to succeed.

Veterans List
    Heartfelt post. Respectful. Honest. Appreciated. And I fully support your decency. Makes me feel better after you suggested that I was an all knowing smartarse, which I thought was unnecessary and in your case, out of character. We all want Tippo to succeed.
    Apologies for that 'all knowing etc' grarmy, that was indeed unnecessary......sometimes I bite a bit quick and think a bit slow.