Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mal

Mal

Heard on 3AW when they were interviewing malceski his parents both seperated and he had a bad relationship with his dad and never knew his dad attended his game. Tim Lame asked him if his dad came to watch today and Mal said he didn't know. Thats pretty deep i thought. I feel good for mal now, and he said the move to sydney was really good for him.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Sounds like my life without the awesome footy career.

Always liked Mal and hoped he'd return to his best after two LARS, and didn't he return in style!

Senior Player
    That happens. Never mind - you've got 30,000+ brothers and sisters , Nick !

He who LARS first, LARS last!
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

On the Rookie List
    Great line from Cometti in the call, don't know if anyone else noticed it but he called Mal the Man from Lars (still funny!)
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Opti-pessi-misti
    I am thrilled for him. He is going to be remembered for that amazing first goal and that crucial last goal of this game for evermore. After having had such a battle just to be playing and this year his form has been okay but not really his best, it is so good that he was able to make such a memorable contribution in the game of his life.

He was so attentive to fans (old and young) at Lakeside and refused to leave for the bus despite a fourth or fifth call until he could sign just one more autograph, pose for one more pic and ruffle one more kid's hair.

I looked him in the eye and said something along the lines of "This year we had a different Nick come to save us. Thanks." He chuckled and smiled warmly in return.

Our Ned Kelly?

He is forever in the annals of Swans legend.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I am thrilled for him. He is going to be remembered for that amazing first goal and that crucial last goal of this game for evermore. After having had such a battle just to be playing and this year his form has been okay but not really his best, it is so good that he was able to make such a memorable contribution in the game of his life.
    I reckon his finals series has been as good as any other player. He hardly made a mistake (except that horror kickout against the Pies) and his sweeping and clean clearance work from the backline have been exceptional. His pin point pass into the centre in the second quarter to set up the Reid goal was an example how his kicking had gone up a level in the finals. Ordinary beard though, although my 20 year old daughter reckons it is awesome and fashionable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    He was so attentive to fans (old and young) at Lakeside and refused to leave for the bus despite a fourth or fifth call until he could sign just one more autograph, pose for one more pic and ruffle one more kid's hair.

I looked him in the eye and said something along the lines of "This year we had a different Nick come to save us. Thanks." He chuckled and smiled warmly in return.

Our Ned Kelly?

He is forever in the annals of Swans legend.
    He was superb int he finals I thought, and was so good in the GF. A really nice bloke too - had a quick few words with Ned at the airport on Sunday to congratulate him and he looked so happy and content! Great story, as it certainly has been far from a cakewalk. He has guts and determination to keep coming back from some serious injuries, and his finals series was excellent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymay View Post
    He who LARS first, LARS last!
    hehe!!

Mal has always been one of my absolute favourites. His low penetrating passes are often superb. I thought he played extra tough in the finals this year. He went in really hard which was so good to see.

I hope he doesn't shave the beard until after he retires, it is beautiful. When he scored the last goal and took off he looked like a mad man, i will always remember everyone chasing after him then jumping on him. I'm still so pumped from Saturday!
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast