Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Free Agency and Trade Thread

Excellent analysis of yesterday's deal with Melbourne here by Emma Quayle. I love this kind of almost nerdy draft analysis. It explains the rationale behind everything rather than just being a puff piece on one of the kids.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...009-27bbk.html
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Dawes to Melbourne

LOL Dawes to Rabblebourne for Pick 20 and Pick 45 to collingwood, and Melbourne get Dawes and pick 58.

Melbourne's footy department have lost their marbles. Some serious headwobblers at that joint! thank god i go for the mighty bloods
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    LOL Dawes to Rabblebourne for Pick 20 and Pick 45 to collingwood, and Melbourne get Dawes and pick 58.

Melbourne's footy department have lost their marbles. Some serious headwobblers at that joint! thank god i go for the mighty bloods
    Disagree, he will take the pressure off Clark. Dawes has a presence the fees need. Good trade for them with their current list

Re: Dawes to Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Bennymno4 View Post
    Disagree, he will take the pressure off Clark. Dawes has a presence the fees need. Good trade for them with their current list
    Yep, it a good get for the Demons.

I wonder if the Dees have 1000+ post Dawes thread on their fan site.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Looks overs to me. If he finds his 2010 form it is near the mark, if not it's a massive win for the Pies...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Looks overs to me. If he finds his 2010 form it is near the mark, if not it's a massive win for the Pies...
    Win win for me. Pies do well, fees get a big bloke to play exclusively forward and protect their young talent

Dawes looked bad because pies had no back up ruck. He is a better player than that, just can't tank rucking and playing leading forward.

There's a trade and free agency thread over in the General Footy chat pages. I'd have thought this belonged there.

Don't forget Dawes was much better at Collingwood when Neeld was on the coaching staff.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Salopek

Steven Salopek is 27, a free agent, and without a club.
    I remember him because he went one after jarad mcveigh in the draft, and port thought they'd got a steel, at about pck 7.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149802/default.aspx

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The Giants really are going to become a powerhouse if they can hang on to the bulk of their kids. Of course, their COL allowance will help that.
    Seriously, I think you may be right. So far the Hawks in 2008 have really been the only side to win a flag via the draft, with the COL allowance and having Sheedy there to mentor the kids in their early years the Giants could seriously challenge in 4-5 years time and I'm betting will pose more than a threat than the Suns. High draft picks certainly don't guarantee you a flag, but Sheeds and Choco have been drumming that defensive mindset into the players from day one so they will have the advantage of having formed good habits by the time they are at their peak.

Senior Player
    I see this as a win-win. Dawes will almost certainly thrive more at the Dees than he was at Collingwood, and as someone else mentioned, it will take pressure off Clark. Good trade IMO.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Had lots of injury problems. Knees I think.

Rodan would be better. He's a much better dancer.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast