Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Free Agency and Trade Thread

This is what I'm worried about, being an interstate team, if we fall off in the future, players might want to leave (thankfully we have a great culture) but it still scares me that we might lose great players and not attract great players if we bottom out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Seriously, I think you may be right. So far the Hawks in 2008 have really been the only side to win a flag via the draft, with the COL allowance and having Sheedy there to mentor the kids in their early years the Giants could seriously challenge in 4-5 years time and I'm betting will pose more than a threat than the Suns. High draft picks certainly don't guarantee you a flag, but Sheeds and Choco have been drumming that defensive mindset into the players from day one so they will have the advantage of having formed good habits by the time they are at their peak.
    Sheeds is a @@@@@@, great media man, great advert for afl, great with kids. His days of actual involvement with coaching are long gone.

Why do you think Choco left?

One thing he is good at is negotiating contracts for himself.

Young to Collingwood is an interesting one. They've quietly snapped up Lynch, Young and now three draft picks around the 20 mark. One last grab at a flag and then a quick rebuild? Sounds like smart thinking to me.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Draft night tonight. It will be interesting to see who takes who. One side effect of the Adelaide situation is that Collingwood now get three consecutive picks (18-20), which is a tremendous advantage for them.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123