Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Time Capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Everytime they underestimate us we prove them wrong so I hope by the time 2013 starts we're 150 to 1 to go back to back.
    Very true Al, very true.....

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    hahaha the "experts"..what flogs. Carlton 3rd-4th..hahahah! How are hawthorn favourites for next year's grand final when we bloody just beat them? Seriously where is the logic?
    Dermott Brereton has said on Melbourne radio that most of the Swans played well, most of the Hawks didn't, Hawthorn didn't kick accurately and still Hawthorn only lost by 10 points. Hence, Hawthorn lost the premiership - we didn't win it. Maybe the bookies believe that, too. What that theory doesn't take into account is that just maybe the Hawks didn't play well because they weren't allowed to!!!!

I also believe that the Hawks are false favourites because they were very lucky to make the Grand Final in the first place. In the preliminary final, Adelaide gifted Hawthorn 3 or 4 goals from terrible mistakes and the Hawks got the best of the umpiring - again - but only just fell in by 5 points!

2012 Time Capsule.

Doesn't matter how we won it or how it's perceived by jealous Hawks fans , the record books will show:

Sydney Swans - 2012 AFL Premiers.

Everything else is just bull@@@@.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Happy and I know it
    Not many people remember who lost the GF - they only remember the winners. That would be us.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Doesn't matter how we won it or how it's perceived by jealous Hawks fans , the record books will show:

Sydney Swans - 2012 AFL Premiers.

Everything else is just bull@@@@.
    YES

and

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Not many people remember who lost the GF - they only remember the winners. That would be us.
    YES

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar

2012 Time Capsule.

As I posted elsewhere I had $25 on the swans at $31 during the pre-season. I think it got out to $41 at some stage during the season Feeling very chuffed. It paid for my grand final weekend and left me with a bit left over for a bet on the Melbourne cup.

Dad had 10 on the swans at $41 and another 10 on ROK for the norm at $13, he was pretty happy.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dad had 10 on the swans at $41 and another 10 on ROK for the norm at $13, he was pretty happy.
    Dad got any tips for the cup??????

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    ANyone here put money on the Swans at$26?
    On 23rd December I had $200 on the Hawks @ $6.50 to win the flag.

Very happy to lose my $1300, and the $3000 it cost me to go to the game - a flag win is priceless, I'm still on a high :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12