Thread: MCG Hoodoo!

Veterans List

MCG Hoodoo!

All this talk about hoodoos!!!

I bought the GF edition of Inside Football today. I must say for a Swans supporter it is pretty good reading.

It gives a rundown of each of our players game by game for the season. In Round 7 when we were beaten by the Tigers we had the following GF players missing. Goodes, Morton, Mumford, Pyke and LRT. Reasonable outs. No mention of that by the pundits when remarking on our hoodoo and inability to play the expanses of the G.

Also there was a standout as far as stats goes and will get you RWOers pumped for the future. Luke Parker had disposal stats from round 3 - 10 of; 30,29,22,22,14,18,17,19 with roughly average TOG of 70%. In round 10 when he did his shoulder he had only 47% TOG for his 19 possessions. His efficiency was around 82% average. Not bad for a 19 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    All this talk about hoodoos!!!

I bought the GF edition of Inside Football today. I must say for a Swans supporter it is pretty good reading.

It gives a rundown of each of our players game by game for the season. In Round 7 when we were beaten by the Tigers we had the following GF players missing. Goodes, Morton, Mumford, Pyke and LRT. Reasonable outs. No mention of that by the pundits when remarking on our hoodoo and inability to play the expanses of the G.

Also there was a standout as far as stats goes and will get you RWOers pumped for the future. Luke Parker had disposal stats from round 3 - 10 of; 30,29,22,22,14,18,17,19 with roughly average TOG of 70%. In round 10 when he did his shoulder he had only 47% TOG for his 19 possessions. His efficiency was around 82% average. Not bad for a 19 year old.
    Gee we are going to have a superb midfield for a while yet, even when ROK and Bolton hang up the boots. They are fabulous stats for a young guy - before that injury he was just playing superbly. Then of course we have Tommy Mitchell to come in as well, an absolute ball magnet if what he did in junior footy translates to senior footy (no reason it won't, barring injuries). Our midfield depth, in terms of players able to do the 'grunt work' must be the envy of almost every club in the league!

Veterans List
    Forgot to mention; Lewis Jetta got a Leon Jetta in one article.