Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse asks to be traded

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Alex Starling is 196cm and can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Fair chance Taubs will have a new ruck project there.
    That's crazy talk - who would ever be silly enough to sign a tall athlete from another country with no background in AFL, make them play ruck, which is one of the most important positions on the ground, and expect them to ever be able to make it or be part of a premiership team????

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    That's crazy talk - who would ever be silly enough to sign a tall athlete from another country with no background in AFL, make them play ruck, which is one of the most important positions on the ground, and expect them to ever be able to make it or be part of a premiership team????
    IT CAN'T BE DONE!!!
    -

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Alex Starling is 196cm and can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Fair chance Taubs will have a new ruck project there.
    "Project" is a good word. So too is "Insurance"
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Oh you idiot Jono ! Have you not heard of Mi......oh , see the reaction you get , when you forget to end your post with a smiley ?

Hmmm......

disappointed it didnt all come together for him. he shows enough in games and in the ruck to be a decent player, but i agree with the earlier post that he doesnt seem to have the absolute crushing desire. If you could put alex johnson's heart into esse's frame you'd have quite a full forward i reckon.

Warming the Bench
    Starling would be worth pursuing if only to see what BT has to say about it...

Good luck to Jesse but it simply wasnt working for him or the swans. I always held high hopes for him but it was obvious that a view was taken that he just wasnt progressing as they had wished and it seems that Walsh had gone past him.

A shame as he had all the right physical attributes but not it seems the mental ones. He could come back and bite us elswhere but sometimes it needs the change for someone to realise their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    disappointed it didnt all come together for him. he shows enough in games and in the ruck to be a decent player, but i agree with the earlier post that he doesnt seem to have the absolute crushing desire. If you could put alex johnson's heart into esse's frame you'd have quite a full forward i reckon.
    You'd have something like a Travis Cloke of the 2010-11 model.

Regular in the Side
    read this, and people saying our rucks maybe a bit thin, makes me think the Tippett rumour has some legs

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty understandable, he appeared to have his cards marked at the start of the year- on face value I thought he performed better than LRT in the backup ruck role, but was clearly behind in the pecking order. I hope he lands somewhere that works out for him, if there's no takers I assume he'll be on the list next year.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stell will be heartbroken. but i'm not. See ya Jessie
    I'm not too upset over it, I expected it to happen. He really is a genuinely warm, lovely guy and I think there's probably few guys in the comp that have the same level of enjoyment in their teammate's success that big Jesse has.

There are worse people to have around a footy club than Jesse White.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast