Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse asks to be traded

Veterans List
    Yep, good luck to him, his best was better than many on here (or other fora) seem to remember - apparently, dodgy ankles never helped his cause (and yes, perhaps a slightly dodgy ticker too...).

Senior Player
    Blog Entries

Re: Jesse asks to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm not too upset over it, I expected it to happen. He really is a genuinely warm, lovely guy and I think there's probably few guys in the comp that have the same level of enjoyment in their teammate's success that big Jesse has.

There are worse people to have around a footy club than Jesse White.
    I agree, I really hope he gets an opportunity somewhere if we can't find a spot for him, he will be missed though. He was always a team player and will be remembered for playing a key role in our late season revival before the 2010 finals.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I read an article saying that Dan Currie will go into the draft again this year after a successful year in the SANFL.
    Can we re-draft him, I always felt we never really had a chance to see what he could do in the seniors due to injuries. Now he's got his body right, worth another crack?

Slightly unrelated but on the FF issue. I can see Kennedy becoming a big full forward in 5-6 years. He has a big frame, a great set shot kick and has great contested marking skills.

Wasn't expecting that.
    Bye Jessie... you're a good lad.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Good luck to the kid. Maybe a move to Melbourne would be best for him, I know it will definitely help his clothing line...

Jesse asks to be traded

I am not sure how many of you watched the 2's this year. Jessie was in great form the last half of the year. Looked like a real footballer and rucked entire games by himself. His problem early was he got a game because of his size not his form. I would have liked to see him get a game at the end of this year when his form was very good and warranted selection. Unfortunately for him his timing was terrible as the firsts were in great form and settled. I wouldn't be sad if a trade is not found. He is only 24.

Veterans List
    I saw the last quarter of the North game in Round 5 where Jessie played. the commentators said he had done some nice things during the game but in the last quarter he looked lazy and was caught behind. Took an eternity to move the ball on. I think his only spot is in the ruck where he doesn't have to think about leading for the ball or having a constant opponent on him. Good luck to him. His age and size almost guarantees a trade for him. Most clubs are looking for his type, and most clubs are short of his type.

Blog Entries
    I was desperate to keep him when BBBBH "left". As I saw him as the great white hope, and he had a good game against Carlton.
    Leading strongly, marking, kicking goals.
    But, alas, that was the last I saw of that Jesse White.
    Good luck to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Port?
    That is probably a good bet or Brisbane who are looking for another big guy. By the way Captain not U.S. I thought he played the ruck pretty well by the end of the reserves year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Good luck Jesse. You are a lovely man and I wish you all the best with your life, artwork, T-shirt biz and football.

As for ruck stocks, Lewie and Tippett for back-ups? Not too shady. Time to offer that big lanky top-up a rookie contract I think (Naismith ?)
    I was about to say that! Young Naismith looks ok and the other young fella they brought in wasn't too bad either. They could be Rookie listed as just in casers and developed. I would rather start developing young blokes now when we have three who can do the job and not wait a few years and try to get an experienced guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I read an article saying that Dan Currie will go into the draft again this year after a successful year in the SANFL.
    Wow now that is interesting as her was a sensation in SA. I knew he would be but he just needed to play in a comp that was a bit better for the AFL clubs including our own to see what he could do.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast