Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse asks to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    That's crazy talk - who would ever be silly enough to sign a tall athlete from another country with no background in AFL, make them play ruck, which is one of the most important positions on the ground, and expect them to ever be able to make it or be part of a premiership team????
    So much fun but 196cm & 80kg is not 201cm & 100kg. Starling would be a key posie prospect though and maybe pinch in the ruck.

Starling news

starling at 196cm and 93kg at only 22yrs of age is exciting !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

good luck Jesse I'm sorry Sydney did not work out for you. Your last half of the Two's season was very good and I was expecting to see that Jesse next year. But wherever you go think positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Starling news

starling at 196cm and 93kg at only 22yrs of age is exciting !!
    He has definitely gained weight because if I remember rightly he weighed in at just over 80 when they first noticed him. Weight is not a big consideration in Basketball as he would have been a guard anyway and need to be fast not heavy. His kicking is very good and marking is good but the handball is a bit awkward. Given time he will get used to that. But I am impressed with his athleticism most of all, he is quick for someone 196cm.

I'm one of the few here that thinks White is OK. It's pretty hard these days to play as a tall forward and he isn't too bad in the ruck. I think we could get a reasonable pick for him. He might be one of those players that given a second chance at a new club does really well. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsman View Post
    I'm one of the few here that thinks White is OK. It's pretty hard these days to play as a tall forward and he isn't too bad in the ruck. I think we could get a reasonable pick for him. He might be one of those players that given a second chance at a new club does really well. Good luck to him.
    Jesse's ruckwork has been very impressive in the ressies against some pretty big bodies. Looked good enough to be carried over to the seniors. His forward work is another matter. But if he went to a club that could stick with him for a year in the forward/2nd ruck role, I think he will do okay and could well develop into a very handy player. I don't think he is suited for a premiership contender, but could well find a spot in the senior side of one of the weaker clubs. If not for the Tippett deal, would have been happy to keep him as the 3rd ruck option, and thought he had a reasonable chance to challenge Pyke for the 2nd ruck spot next year. (That was before Pyke's performance in the GF). I think he would go well at the Saints who are really desperate for this type of player.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think he would go well at the Saints who are really desperate for this type of player.
    You have been taking you tablets lately, Ludwig. Another golden observation.

I would take it one step further and suggest that Jesse's best scenario was if he was left to do all the ruck work on his own for 10-15 games. So he doesn't have the threat of being dropped hanging over his shoulder. He can just get into it. I was at Subiaco against West Coast last year, or year before and I liked his work, a lot.

Blog Entries
    Jesse for Tippett and a 2nd round pick is what I'd offer.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Jesse for Tippett and a 2nd round pick is what I'd offer.
    And I would be delighted with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    And I would be delighted with that too.
    And while Swans fans revel in their coup, Crows fans everywhere top themselves...
    Last edited by DLBIA14; 6th October 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: awful spelling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    And while Swans fans revels in the coo Crows fans everywhere top themselves...
    You never know, a new home could be what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    You never know, a new home could be what he needs.
    Maybe so, but Adelaide won't accept that deal banking on that fact. Jesse will do well to attract any trade offer IMO - certainly nothing better than a very late pick.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast