Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About last night! Thoughts. Join in everyone who was there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Oh and on Craig Bird. I did!!!
    Me too - well I claimed that he'd been Top 10 before because I think he's that integral to the team.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Maybe this is just me, but having had a chance to reflect further on the night I think was a bit over-awed by seeing so many of the players and coaches up close. I was standing not far from Longmire near the end, wanted to say something, even it was just a simple congratulations, but I just got tongue-tied. I think I shook Jude's hand as I was walking out. Perhaps it was because the premiership win was so fresh, I was still a bit in awe of what the guys managed to achieve and wasn't able to properly put my feelings into words at the time. I suppose I just have to go again next year, then!

Kirky I was trying to be polite about the beef cheeks and decided to take a potshot at the cream quinelle. You have blown my cover. It wasn't up to standard, was it.

And thanks for the word "boisterous" for AJ. I was looking for one but it alluded me. Funny that. Luke is such a 19 going on 30, Dan is such an open hearted sweetie, and AJ still hasn't quite acquired a veneer of sophistication. For someone so cool on the ground, he is definitely not in 'real' life.

Must admit that Lewis' smile kind of melts your heart and he has definitely acquired an easy persona. Actually change that to endearing!

Now I must remember these are footballers and not my nephews and godsons, but....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I couldn't go. Already bankrupt from impulsive decision to go to Grandfinal from Perth. Worth every cent but will be working lots of weekends for a while. The stream was unreliable.
    I thought it was very gracious of Roosy to leave Horse to have his moments of glory. part of the transition is still for Horse to be seen as his own man and not Roosy's apprentice or shadow. i'm sure Roosy can count his money anytime!
    I am also thrilled with the development of Lewis Jetta, the young man. he still manages to maintain his individuality, and his wry indigenous humour but he speaks with so much more confidence, and a sense of being secure in his place in this world.

Highlight: Meeting Jewels and saying I told you so to her face!!

Lowlight: Being metal detected and retina scanned to get into Marquee; then charging me $15 for a drink. Please. Get over yourselves.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    I thought it was very gracious of Roosy to leave Horse to have his moments of glory. part of the transition is still for Horse to be seen as his own man and not Roosy's apprentice or shadow.
    I wondered why he wasn't there. This makes a lot of sense. He's a good bloke that Roos fella.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Highlight: Meeting Jewels and saying I told you so to her face!!

Lowlight: Being metal detected and retina scanned to get into Marquee; then charging me $15 for a drink. Please. Get over yourselves.
    Haha God bless you Annie, I was pretty damned pleased to hear it too!

I had a great night sitting with the delightful Miss Primmie and the lovely Mr and Mrs Dimelb, thank you for a very enjoyable evening.
    Gee I thought the food was garbage. I'm a big lady and I certainly enjoy my tucker but with the exception of the entree, what I feed my dogs every night has more appeal than what we were dished up on Friday night.
    Has Craig Willis always done the B & F? This was my third Club Champs and I don't remember him doing it before, I thought the delightful Adam Spencer did all our events and if not, then he should - knowing the man on stage is as passionate about the boys as I am just adds that special something.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Haha God bless you Annie, I was pretty damned pleased to hear it too!

I had a great night sitting with the delightful Miss Primmie and the lovely Mr and Mrs Dimelb, thank you for a very enjoyable evening.
    Gee I thought the food was garbage. I'm a big lady and I certainly enjoy my tucker but with the exception of the entree, what I feed my dogs every night has more appeal than what we were dished up on Friday night.
    Has Craig Willis always done the B & F? This was my third Club Champs and I don't remember him doing it before, I thought the delightful Adam Spencer did all our events and if not, then he should - knowing the man on stage is as passionate about the boys as I am just adds that special something.
    I think Adam was preparing to go to Ethiopia or maybe had already gone. Shame in a way cos Willis is a one tr
    ick pony and has done so many functions that he just about phones it in these days. Off topic a bit , but he should also be retired from MCing major game introductions, Anzac day etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12