• 1996 Prelim - any score will do

3 4.35%
  • 1999 8 goal comeback vs North Melbourne

0 0%
  • 1999 Plugger breaks the goal kicking record

0 0%
  • 2003 Qualifying Final win vs Port Adelaide

2 2.90%
  • 2005 Semi Final - Nick Davis I don't believe it!

26 37.68%
  • 2005 Grand Final - Leo Barry you star!

19 27.54%
  • 2011 - breaks Geelong home winning streak

2 2.90%
  • 2012 - Premiership win and Malceski snap

17 24.64%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote for your favourite Swans moment since 1996

SUPER MEAN poll. I can't vote for the rest of my favourite BIG moments.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Nick Davis for me. His effort was just super human, freakish.

Blog Entries
    I went for pluggers point. Probably the most exciting moment because it was the first really important moment for the club as Sydney.

3 amazing moments- 2005 Nick Davis and the grand final - shared that with dear dear friends Ange & Vin - sadly Vin passed away in May this year. And the granny 2 weeks ago I shared that with Al & Jordan with cameo appearances by Jewels , the ORBS, Aardvark, Go Swannies, triple B & Tim. So whilst Ange wasn't at the game this time she was in The Uk for Vins memorial service but managed to watch the game in a pub in Manchester - and Vin - he watched over all of us at the MCG. The win 2 weeks ago really was a fabulous bright light on a what has been a pretty sad year.

The one I missed that I'm most cranky about (not shortlisted) - Jetta's first goal.

One that I was there for that really stands out, but I'm not clear why - the West Coast game at the SCG in the rain (maybe it was 95, not 96 though). For some reason I can still remember the atmosphere very clearly.

...OK, the WC game was round 22, 1996 - now I understand why it was such a big game - had forgotten the context.
    Last edited by undy; 13th October 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Google a game
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Regular in the Side
    Argh, it really is like picking your favourite child! I only have vague, half-formed memories of 96. I was in the stand on Yabbas Hill somewhere. Lockett's record-breaker is slightly clearer as are the othe pre 05 ones. I remember that final quarter in the 2005 semi as clear as day. I was down the other end of the ground and I remember just seeing the ball go through for the last goal, not knowing, but knowing anyway who was responsible. Awesome! Then when the siren went in the GF... That year was brilliant. This year had a feeling that something was building and winning it all was just brilliant again, but I think I'll go with the 05 Semi

Another one was when Roosy came in to replace Eade to coach a few games at the end of the season.

I think it was against Freo - all the players got around Roos at the end of the game while the crowd chanted Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooos....that was a real moment in the Swans Sydney history. How different things could have been if Wallace was leading the club.... think Richmond.

A sliding doors moment.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I went for 96 because it was the biggest moment I've attended in Swans history, and possibly teh greatest game I've seen live
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Re: Vote for your favourite Swans moment since 1996

One moment not mentioned... When Jordan and I were doing the scoreboard for the Ressies at the Lakeside Oval last year the Powerade Girl gave us a drink. (well gave Jordan a drink and barely saw me there but still a special moment)
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Special moment number nine would have to be the 2005 PF when Schneider out smarted his St Kilda opponent just inside the square and bolted away, kicking the goal that sealed our spot in the 2005 GF.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List
    Yeah I didn't know how many you could put in the poll. I was going to put the whole last quarter of that pf. 7 goals in 9 breathtaking minutes. Ugly ducklings eh Demetriou?

The other notable was Jettas goal in this years pf

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Another one was when Roosy came in to replace Eade to coach a few games at the end of the season.

I think it was against Freo - all the players got around Roos at the end of the game while the crowd chanted Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooos....that was a real moment in the Swans Sydney history. How different things could have been if Wallace was leading the club.... think Richmond.

A sliding doors moment.
    Was that the last game of the season? I remember we played Ricmond in the last game at ANZ and there was 43,000 fans and they all belted out ROOOOOOS after the game in a show of support.

Looking back on 2002, Rocket and the swans were very unlucky not to have made the top 4 even.

Some of those close games could easily have gone our way. There was like 7 games decided by under 10 points.

I recall the first ever game at ANZ against the bombers and Mott missed a sitter directly in front and we lost by 2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast