• 1996 Prelim - any score will do

3 4.35%
  • 1999 8 goal comeback vs North Melbourne

0 0%
  • 1999 Plugger breaks the goal kicking record

0 0%
  • 2003 Qualifying Final win vs Port Adelaide

2 2.90%
  • 2005 Semi Final - Nick Davis I don't believe it!

26 37.68%
  • 2005 Grand Final - Leo Barry you star!

19 27.54%
  • 2011 - breaks Geelong home winning streak

2 2.90%
  • 2012 - Premiership win and Malceski snap

17 24.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote for your favourite Swans moment since 1996

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Another one was when Roosy came in to replace Eade to coach a few games at the end of the season.

I think it was against Freo - all the players got around Roos at the end of the game while the crowd chanted Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooos....that was a real moment in the Swans Sydney history. How different things could have been if Wallace was leading the club.... think Richmond.

A sliding doors moment.
    Was that the last game of the season? I remember we played Ricmond in the last game at ANZ and there was 43,000 fans and they all belted out ROOOOOOS after the game in a show of support.

Looking back on 2002, Rocket and the swans were very unlucky not to have made the top 4 even.

Some of those close games could easily have gone our way. There was like 7 games decided by under 10 points that we lost.

I recall the first ever game at ANZ against the bombers and Mott missed a sitter directly in front and we lost by 2.

On the Rookie List
    MOL goaling then paying out the WC ferals rates really high too. Top moment ,incredibly funny and hard to top!

The Cressa goal against the Roos on 2002 always has a special place in my heart..

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I think that was the first time I've seen footage of that Cresswell goal since it happened!

Most significant moment would be the Leo Barry mark because it did win our first premiership in 72 years, but having had a few days to allow the premiership win to sink in, my vote went to Malceski's goal. What set this year apart for me was that this has been the highest level I have seen a Swans team play at consistently, and this year's grand final was arguably the best quality match out of the ones listed. I didn't see much of 1996 when we finished minor premiers, so that H&A season probably just nudges out this one, but in terms of achievement in finals, this year is hard to beat - we didn't really give the Crows or Pies a sniff as led throughout, and more than doubled our 2005 grand final winning margin!

Davo for me. We were deadset gone, straight sets was on. The most significant individual quarter you could possibly imagine.

I wonder what would have happened if we had lost that game. A win like that builds belief etc. We certainly wouldn't have been able to win 2005, would we have had the confidence to do what we did in '06? Would the club be as strong as it is today? Impossible to answer but what a great moment.

What happened two weeks ago isn't far behind. Just total joy and to share it with all my family was pretty special.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I realise that we wouldn't have been in the GF without Davo's magical quarter but I can't go past the actual Premiership win. Davo runs a close second.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Leo's mark led to the best Swans related stated I have ever found myself in.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    I can't go past Nick Davis. One of the truly astonishing things I've ever had the privilege of witnessing, particularly being down that end two bays from the goals.

Regular in the Side
    Can't get away from the nominated top 5, whereupon I will go for the 2012 Premiership. My special mention is the Round 6 2003 win against Collingwood at Docklands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Wow, it's like trying to pick which one is your favourite child!
    Agree...they all stand alone as spine-tingling,goosebump moments when the release of emotion comes out as tears and an undescrible feeling of euphoria.....re-watching them has got the blood pumping I can tell you
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

On the Rookie List
    2005 GF for me, mainly because of where I watched it.
    It was 5:30 in the morning in Rome and I watched it out the front of a very closed Druids Rock Irish bar. After some begging the night before, the bar staff agreed to leave the TV on and turned it to face the street so us footy fans could stand out the front and watch it. A cafe up the road (very thoughtfully) left all their chairs out the front, and another cafe nearby was still open selling beers. About 15-20 people were there, drinks were flowing and made for a great time.

Later on in the day I remember singing 'Cheer Cheer the Red and the White' to a very confused 60-something American couple I met on a train a few days earlier.

I had my Swans jumper on and a Collingwood fan bought me drinks all night (good Pies fans do exist!)

Vote for your favourite Swans moment since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    2005 GF for me, mainly because of where I watched it.
    It was 5:30 in the morning in Rome and I watched it out the front of a very closed Druids Rock Irish bar. After some begging the night before, the bar staff agreed to leave the TV on and turned it to face the street so us footy fans could stand out the front and watch it. A cafe up the road (very thoughtfully) left all their chairs out the front, and another cafe nearby was still open selling beers. About 15-20 people were there, drinks were flowing and made for a great time.

Later on in the day I remember singing 'Cheer Cheer the Red and the White' to a very confused 60-something American couple I met on a train a few days earlier.

I had my Swans jumper on and a Collingwood fan bought me drinks all night (good Pies fans do exist!)
    Absolutely love it.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast