Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final replay tonight on Foxtel.

mitchell hacks it forward and look at grundy just after gunston miss...

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Same. Am i the only one that is disappointed that they didn't have the ABC call on the DVD.
    So agree Gerard Drew and thd mob (and McClure!!!!????????????????????!) their call was fantastic on the day and I listened to it in replay driving to Albury on the Sunday !

And again the didn't show footage of horse coming down from the box - bug s heap of the hawks!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    So agree Gerard Drew and thd mob (and McClure!!!!??????????!) their call was fantastic on the day and I listened to it in replay driving to Albury on the Sunday !
    I was so disappointed as I didn't hear it and can't find a link anywhere to listen, not even on you tube

Try ABC grandstand and abc.net and it may be pod cast - it was just fantastic.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    with about three minutes to go there will be a kick into the forward line - have a look at how much grundy is holding onto hale's arm directly in front thirty metres out. i sure am glad no-one spotted it.
    A bit like how they didn't spot Pyke being manhandled as he tried to take a mark early in the game, or Goodes as he tried to mark falling to ground in the final quarter and was clearly interfered with.

The umpires let defenders get away with a fair amount all game, and to give credit to them, they were at least consistent in this aspect all game. Watching the game live I feared they were going to pluck a softy in front of goal to decide the game, but fortunately that didn't happen.

My main take after my 97th time watching the game is "how the hell didn't Hanners win the NS?" ROK had an excellent game, for sure, but I thought Hanners was sensational throughout, and was involved in many momentum shifting moments. His coolness in kicking that goal to get us back into the game in the final quarter was fantastic, particularly as he has shown a tendency to miss those kind of shots from that side of the ground.

I don't think I will ever get tired of watching the boys' reactions after the siren went. Still brings a tear to the eyes.
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

My view hasn't changed from the gf itself. I thought Hanners was the standout player. I said to the person next to me that hanners had to win it. Watching live I thought Hanners was clearly our best player.

Having said that when watching the game on the tv you see the effort in the packs and the tackling from rok and even sewell - who i really didn't notice at the game terribly much at all. But even with the benefit of watching on tv I reckon ROK was on a par with a whole group of our players - AJ, NS, LRT, MP - all of whom were clearly in the best half dozen of our players - but i simply couldnt have put him as our best player.

But then maybe it was recognition of his continued success over a longer period.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    My view hasn't changed from the gf itself. I thought Hanners was the standout player. I said to the person next to me that hanners had to win it. Watching live I thought Hanners was clearly our best player.

Having said that when watching the game on the tv you see the effort in the packs and the tackling from rok and even sewell - who i really didn't notice at the game terribly much at all. But even with the benefit of watching on tv I reckon ROK was on a par with a whole group of our players - AJ, NS, LRT, MP - all of whom were clearly in the best half dozen of our players - but i simply couldnt have put him as our best player.

But then maybe it was recognition of his continued success over a longer period.
    In terms of the Brownlow and Norm Smith voting seems that people just look at the number of possessions and vote accordingly. After 2005, I'm just glad that a Swan won!

Veterans List
    Hanners would have been another justified winner. But he has many years and many Premierships ahead of him.

Personally, I'm glad that ROK is the Swan's first Norm Smith medallist.

I haven't watched a replay (I know, but waiting to get my hands on the DVD! Walked into a couple of shops in Canberra 2 weeks ago asking for it and got blank looks in return), but from my view in the nosebleeds Macca and Hanners were the clear Swans standouts. I was shocked when ROK got called out tbh.

Sometimes we forget that Dan is just a 21 yo. What a special kid he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    I haven't watched a replay (I know, but waiting to get my hands on the DVD! Walked into a couple of shops in Canberra 2 weeks ago asking for it and got blank looks in return), but from my view in the nosebleeds Macca and Hanners were the clear Swans standouts. I was shocked when ROK got called out tbh.

Sometimes we forget that Dan is just a 21 yo. What a special kid he is.
    The whole game is on Youtube

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast