Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final replay tonight on Foxtel.

I keep going back to the Collingwood game. There is just something extra special about beating that mob.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    During the replay I also noticed this a lot, but I also noticed how many head high tackles were paid to Hawthorn but not paid to Sydney, particularly in the last quarter. We beat more than just 22 players
    I commented during the match that a great game was nearly ruined by three idiots.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I keep going back to the Collingwood game. There is just something extra special about beating that mob.
    We watched that game again last weekend. With hindsight, we were never going to lose. Our team wanted it more than the pies. Extremely satisfying to see.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Hazcam View Post
    Brad Sewell could've done a Juddy though, he was brilliant.
    I think there would have been a riot if that had happened to us again!

On the Rookie List
    After watching that game a few times over we really should have thumped them by 80+ points. That they got within 20 in the 4th was disappointing.

After watching that game a few times over we really should have thumped them by 80+ points. That they got within 20 in the 4th was disappointing.
    There is nothing disappointing about winning a prelim and winning the comp ....NOTHING

Are you serious ? It doesn't matter what the score was they bloody well won!!! I'm sure you found fault in the Swans winning the grand final too - That's just nuts!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    We watched that game again last weekend. With hindsight, we were never going to lose. Our team wanted it more than the pies. Extremely satisfying to see.
    Yep, you could tell from the opening bounce they were switched on.
    Except for our brief lapse at the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th, pies were never there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    There is nothing disappointing about winning a prelim and winning the comp ....NOTHING
    Yep!

Sorry, guys, but I have to agree with Hazcam. When I was watching the PF against Magpies at ANZ stadium I was furius how easy they scored against us. I don't understand this "switching off" thing that happens during our games, but it costed us victory in R20 and R22. And, to be honest, it could have happened in the GF as well. I'm sure that Horse has addressed this issue with the players after the PF, but I was very afraid that evening that it might happened in the GF again. Luckily for us the players took their roles seriously and marinated discipline in the last minutes of the game to win premiership. The vision of seeing intense Horse in the coaching box screaming "get them back" probably tells volume.

Happy and I know it
    Yeah, we could have switched off, but we didn't. We won and that's all that matters.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Sorry, guys, but I have to agree with Hazcam. When I was watching the PF against Magpies at ANZ stadium I was furius how easy they scored against us. I don't understand this "switching off" thing that happens during our games, but it costed us victory in R20 and R22. And, to be honest, it could have happened in the GF as well. I'm sure that Horse has addressed this issue with the players after the PF, but I was very afraid that evening that it might happened in the GF again. Luckily for us the players took their roles seriously and marinated discipline in the last minutes of the game to win premiership. The vision of seeing intense Horse in the coaching box screaming "get them back" probably tells volume.
    It could have, BUT IT DIDN'T!
    Who cares now that we are premiers, if we won rounds 20 and 22? I certainly don't. We were far and away the best team throughout September and got the job done on the last Saturday and that's ALL that matters now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast