Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final replay tonight on Foxtel.

I know it's just a typo, but "marinated discipline" is hilarious. mmmmm marinated discipline

I agree, I was filthy when we let Collingwood back into it, because I was just about to message my wife and tell her to book my flights. I had to wait another 15 mins to make the call!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I dont have foxtel.. Did we win ?

On the Rookie List
    Hey guys I respect and understand your correct points that it doesnt matter as we won the flag. But it could easily have been a non event had Macca not been paid a 50m penalty or if Bird didn't kick that goal in the 4th to steady against the pies.

I stick to my guns that we let Collingwood get too close with inaccuracy and switching off to allow 4 goals in 6 minutes. It didn't reflect our dominance and we could've shut the gates by halftime really. Maybe I'm just a hard task master I don't know but the only 4 quarter effort in the finals was against Adelaide.

I made a thread saying we won't win the flag this year if we allow easy ball out of the centre and multiple goals kicked in a matter of minutes and gave 6 examples of this.

It happened in the grand final and if it wasn't for that trademark will to win and bloods culture in the 4th we would've lost it.

Hawthorn kicked 7 of 8 goals in basically a quarter and I was sitting in my seat just thinking to myself 'not again'. I was literally about to cry with the thought of squandering a 5 goal lead. Even when hanners and jack kicked the goals to get it to 78-78 I still stayed in my seat.

It wasn't till Goodsey goaled that all that pent up emotion of 30 mins was released. Because if we lost I don't think I would be over it even in 20 years.

Of course we won I've seen our finals games about 20x in full dammit! Theres no better club in the country amongst all sports IMO. I partied at crown till 5am having only 30mins of sleep to catch my early morning flight back for the nrl granny to see my doggies.

We wanted it more. Hawks will rue missed chances. A champion team that conquered a team of champions.
    Last edited by Hazcam; 26th October 2012 at 03:05 AM.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I know it's just a typo, but "marinated discipline" is hilarious. mmmmm marinated discipline!
    I literally lol'd when I read it. Hahaha.

Smokey BBQ? Tandoori? Honey soy and Lemon? Mmmmm!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hazcam View Post
    I made a thread saying we won't win the flag this year if we allow easy ball out of the centre and multiple goals kicked in a matter of minutes and gave 6 examples of this.
    But you were wrong!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Grand Final replay tonight on Foxtel.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    But you were wrong!
    I'm really hoping Hazcam can come up with a thread on why we can't go back to back. I'll be putting the house on the Swans as soon as its posted.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Grand Final replay tonight on Foxtel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazcam View Post

We wanted it more. Hawks will rue missed chances. A champion team that conquered a team of champions.
    I agree but I don't think the disparity of talent between the 2 teams was as stark as people suggested. We have our share of superstars I reckon and our bottom 6 is better than their bottom 6.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I agree but I don't think the disparity of talent between the 2 teams was as stark as people suggested. We have our share of superstars I reckon and our bottom 6 is better than their bottom 6.
    I have spokewn to a few Hawks supporting friends and ultimately it came down to the fact that Franklin's crappy kicking at goal was going to cost them at some stage......this time it was for a flag (something for which I am very pleased).
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Correct weight - when you looked at the two teams on paper there really wasn't the difference that people made out, and as you suggest (and indeed as was played out on GF day) our bottom was substantially better than theirs.

Plus we had more ticker...

And at the end of the day - does it really matter??? We won, we won, we won - you can't ask for any more than that!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    When you're talking hard you mean Swans

Still my fave piece on the GF. As Uncle Chopper said, harden the .... up
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    When you're talking hard you mean Swans

Still my fave piece on the GF. As Uncle Chopper said, harden the .... up
    Wow thanks - I hadn't read that until now. Fantastic stuff! Got a bit of the GF glow happening again now! Might have to watch the game again this weekend! Although I will fast-forward through the Hawks-dominant bits....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast