Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Tippett trading talk

What a top kid.
    I'd hate to see him go, but if it means he's going to actually get a game... then fly, be free.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Some on RWO see him as a replacement for Ted, but I see him more as a 3rd tall defender at AFL level.
    Which is no more than what Ted was at the same stage of his career...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Which is no more than what Ted was at the same stage of his career...
    Yeh except Ted was actually playing in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by bloods1984 View Post
    Yeh except Ted was actually playing in the AFL
    Whatever.

You've already shared your opinion on Cambo based on his 2 games a few years back. I doubt anybody who has watched him regularly since he came to Sydney agreed with you then and I doubt anybody agrees with you now, but your opinion is noted.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I thought we were grooming Cambo to replace Mattner, but I guess that still may be a few seasons away. I don't why we can't promise him a few games next year when we play GWS, GC and a few other weaker teams to show that we really have plans for him in our future. He's looked good in the ressies this year.

Non-Tippett trading talk

Can't begrudge the guy wanting to play regular senior footy. Good luck to him, and good on Port for having the brains to look at some fringe players from the Premiership side.

It makes me proud to be a Sydney supporter to see the way people respond to the news that a player might actually want to leave the club, compared to the way the supporters of some other clubs react to similar news.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ned View Post
    It makes me proud to be a Sydney supporter to see the way people respond to the news that a player might actually want to leave the club, compared to the way the supporters of some other clubs react to similar news.
    We do, we wish them the best in their football career unless they are playing us. That Buchanan bump our little pebbles, the brute !!!!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Good luck to him, he wants it badly enough and will fight for a game, and we have trained him well, so what is he worth. What can we sell him for? I mean, its not exactly like he is used goods is he, fairly shiny still, kind of New Without Tags. More I think of it, the high the price goes. Sounds like I have heard that before, wonder where....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What a top kid.
    I'd hate to see him go, but if it means he's going to actually get a game... then fly, be free.
    Absolutely. He's a good kid, and deserves an opportunity. Unlucky for him that we've already got the best back line in the league. And that he'll have to learn that horrible song.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Veteran Site Admin
    Is there any confirmation the trade has happened? I notice that Port have traded for Lewis Stevenson from the Wiggles, who is a similar height to our Cambo. Will they still want Heath too, or do we get to keep him?

Veterans List
    Am I correct in noting that we are the only club to not be active during Free Agency and Trade Week?

Tippett doesn't count because it won't get done tomorrow and let's assume it doesn't in the following scenario.

So our list is currently two off but another has to go (who?) to make the compulsary three list changes. We head to the ND with picks 23, 45, 67.

If Tippett is in the PSD and we still want him (not sure what the heirachy think now) and we think we can snare him as the last cab then we pass on ND pick 67. But if Tippett goes before our PSD pick what do we do?

I'm also concerned about our lack of depth if we have a bad run of injuries and/or if Mitchell and Rohan don't come up as expected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast