Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Tippett trading talk

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Spangher to Losers, sorry Hawks
    Gotta give them something I guess after what we took off them 4 weeks ago ...not concerned to see spangher go, clearly not in the 22 unless there is major injuries. It may also be to relieve salary cap space so I have heard.

See ya Spangs... what a lovely bloke.
    I really, sincerely, hope he gets a go at the poos and wees.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Good luck Spang.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how long that Spangher trade has been on the table and if they just waited to find out if Jesse was definitely gone or not?

Dissapointed to lost Campbell, but best of luck to him and hope he does well- Spangh, too!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Just wild about Harry
    Spang gone could mean Jane stays

Upgrading draft selection from 85 to 66 has cost us Heath and Spangher. TDL still looking for an out but I suspect Jesse will stay (which I am happy about).

Leaves a few holes on the list. Perhaps, there might be more trading from Sydney today to get a recycled player.

Although we have a large contingent of players in the 30+ age category, except for Jude, they all look as though they've got another 2 good years left before bowing out. That doesn't leave much opportunity for fringe players. Unless you are next in line, like perhaps an Armstrong, Everett or Walsh, there is no point in keeping these players just to play reserves footy. Probably better to make space for draft picks, even if they are fairly low down.

Veteran Site Admin
    Let's hope there are a few Smiths, Grundys, Jacks or Cunninghams lurking around this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Upgrading draft selection from 85 to 66 has cost us Heath and Spangher. TDL still looking for an out but I suspect Jesse will stay (which I am happy about).

Leaves a few holes on the list. Perhaps, there might be more trading from Sydney today to get a recycled player.
    It does - but it also makes it pretty clear to me what we will target in the draft. We have more than enough midfieders, and enough 'smaller' guys at each end of the ground. The idea I guess will be drafting a couple of Key position sized players. Another couple of AJ's in the bottom part of the draft would be lovely.

I'm a bit disappointed about Heath going - I thought he'd finally found his feet again by the end of the year, but can't hold it against him going somewhere where he surely will find a spot in their best 22. As for Spangher - the guy has talent, but just can't stay on the paddock I'm afraid. Good luck to him @ Hawthorn, but I can't see him finding a spot in their best 22.
    Last edited by mcs; 26th October 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Well our trade week has utterly fallen apart. Most clubs who'll be good next year have added to their list while we've only reduced its potential. YAY. @@@@ Kurt Tippett and @@@@ Adelaide and their cheating ways...

TDL to Saints for pick 47
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Interestingly, not even a whisper about Jessica.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast