Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Tippett trading talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Non-Tippett trading talk

Magpie Young heading to the Bulldogs

In other likely moves, Sydney Campbell Heath is in talks with Port Adelaide about a possible move to Alberton.

Interesting and surprising link, I don't think Heath would have too much trade value, having only played 2 games and having had a major knee injury. He would have been a major chance to be promoted to the senior list in the upcoming National Draft. I guess the move would be dependent on whether he is currently contracted and whether the Swans would be prepared to let him move away for more chances - certainly you would think he has a good chance of playing more games at Port than at Sydney where the defensive unit is pretty secure and not too old.

Re: Non-Tippett trading talk

Strange. I wouldve thought they were looking at moving him into Mattner's role. Still, maybe he just wants more opportunity.

There's trades happening that don't involve Tippett?

Wow, so after supporting him through his injuries he jumps ship for money and success at PORT? The DOG, Scum, aaaand so on and so forth.

Srs but, hope he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotties View Post
    Wow, so after supporting him through his injuries he jumps ship for money and success at PORT? The DOG, Scum, aaaand so on and so forth.

Srs but, hope he stays.
    Haha,when I read that I thought I'd accidently opened the Adelaide site on BF!

I do know Campbell is good friends with John Butcher. Why would we let him go when our defensive stocks will be turned over in the next couple of years? A real waste of all our development years invested if true.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    I do know Campbell is good friends with John Butcher. Why would we let him go when our defensive stocks will be turned over in the next couple of years? A real waste of all our development years invested if true.
    We have some new defensive players who look good though and he was never going to be a KPP in the AFL. Always a flanker at top level. Now we have Brown, Lockyer & Armstrong who are all back flankers to support the Senior guys. We need KPP backs that we can develop and one way is to develop Tommy into a CHB and draft some kids to fill the gaps when Ted & Reg retire. We also need a couple of young ruckmen, one on the Rookie list and one on the main list to develop for the future. Take care of the needs not the wants. Heath as good as he is was not considered to be a better prospect that Tony Armstrong and both Lockyer and Brown have much more natural ability and skill. Biggs can also play HB if needed and he is turning out a more than handy player with wonderful skills. So Heath was an extra when it all panned out. Good luck to him I think he will do well at Port.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Heath as good as he is was not considered to be a better prospect that Tony Armstrong and both Lockyer and Brown have much more natural ability and skill.
    I am not sure how you can pass judgement on Lockyer's natural ability and skill given how little we got to see of him in 2012. And even if he has both in abundance, there has to be a question mark at the moment on whether his body will stand up to the rigours of AFL (training, as well as playing). There is the same question mark over Mitchell too. Brown strung together games after he got over the hip issues he had when he arrived, but he too, is untested in terms of his potential to play as a defender - key or 3rd defender type - because he wasn't really used in such a role. We'll find out more about him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am not sure how you can pass judgement on Lockyer's natural ability and skill given how little we got to see of him in 2012. And even if he has both in abundance, there has to be a question mark at the moment on whether his body will stand up to the rigours of AFL (training, as well as playing). There is the same question mark over Mitchell too. Brown strung together games after he got over the hip issues he had when he arrived, but he too, is untested in terms of his potential to play as a defender - key or 3rd defender type - because he wasn't really used in such a role. We'll find out more about him next year.
    Liz, Brown played Half Back, when he got his body right, so I can't see that he wasn't used in the role as you say. As for Lockyer and Mitchell granted their bodies could be a problem but they have not done a full pre-season as yet. But what we did see of both of them they have talent and are very skilled. We have a few players in the seniors who have had their injury problems over a period of time and we have been able to get them right (some like Goodes & Bolts just play injured). The thing is Heath was a 50/50 at best to play seniors at all. He will be better off aty Port than here as he will get a game. So why not wish him luck and deal with who we have and that is AJ, Mattner, Shaw, Mal, Brown, Armstrong and Lockyer. I still think there is plenty of talent there and you are right in that we have toWith full preseasons I think those guys will be ok.

Re: Non-Tippett trading talk

Maybe Cambo had a gentleman's agreement to move to another club at the end of his tether I mean contract.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Maybe Cambo had a gentleman's agreement to move to another club at the end of his tether I mean contract.
    I hope he had the 'for a 2nd round pick' clause in as well.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    I would hope that the Swans have made Campo an offer for next season, which includes promotion to the senior list.

But a by-product of being a successful club, especially a PREMIERSHIP team, is that you have players on the fringe of the senior team who you can't guarantee senior opportunities to. We have profited by identifying such players at other clubs (eg Craig Bolton, JPK, Mumford, McGlynn) and lured them to the Swans with great success. I would like to think that the respect that the Swans show to their players extends to recognising that some of our players might get better opportunities at other clubs and to help them get there if that is the case.

I'd love to see him stay but if he goes for greater opportunities at Port, I will certainly follow his future career with interest and hope he does well.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast