Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Draft Selections / potential FA pick-ups

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Paul Kelly's eldest boy was born in 1996!!!!!!!!! Only 2 years to wait
    If he's any good at football he might land up as a Giant. He's within their recruiting zone.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If he's any good at football he might land up as a Giant. He's within their recruiting zone.
    Wouldn't a FS selection trump that?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Father-Son would take precedence. Anyone know whether he's playing and whether he is any good?

Veterans List
    So we've actually got six spots on the list to fill. Moore, Seaby, Gordon, Meredith, TDL, Spagher.

We'll use five up to pick 67 you would think keeping one for a tilt at Tippett in the PSD. Unless we take one or two delisted players to bolster depth.

Very interesting to see our strategy given no one outside the club inner sanctum saw the clean out coming. Could be either disastrous or a masterstroke!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I reckon we've learnt our lesson re ruck projects and I doubt we'd use a pick, even a late pick.
    You mean we've learnt our lesson with Pyke, or we've learnt our lesson with Doyle?

I agree with the Naismith comment, by all accounts will be worthwhile...and Starling as noted. Still ruck projects though. With Seaby gone and White looking around someone has to ruck in the ressies! Who else is there? Everitt?!?

Can someone with the power fix the thread title??? Thanks.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Nickname, Mister?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Nickname, Mister?
    Of the four names I posted he's probably the most likely at #23.

Put some glasses on him and he's as close to McLovin as you'll get for a footballer.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

You mean we've learnt our lesson with Pyke, or we've learnt our lesson with Doyle?
    I was actually thinking of Currie when I posted that. Reasonably high draft pick (2nd Rd?) and after 5 years we just went out and got Seaby/Mumford for similar picks when Currie wasn't getting hot. Unless they are just stand outs, drafting ruckman in the first few rounds is just too much of a long term investment...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I was actually thinking of Currie when I posted that. Reasonably high draft pick (2nd Rd?) and after 5 years we just went out and got Seaby/Mumford for similar picks when Currie wasn't getting hot. Unless they are just stand outs, drafting ruckman in the first few rounds is just too much of a long term investment...
    I thought of Currie first too, but the others were more clear cut.

Currie is an interesting one. By all reports seems to be doing well in the SANFL and may be re-rookied.

I agree it takes a long time for the majority of ruckman to physically develop, but for them to eventually become an AFL footballer they have to be shown how to train, what to eat, and what is required of an AFL footballer, so when they get right physically they are ready mentally.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets rookied.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    D.O.B 1994 is scary. I feel old.
    Old! I am positively ancient! Their parents were not even born when I was already an adult. I am probably older than some of their grandparents!

I agree with the Naismith comment, by all accounts will be worthwhile...and Starling as noted. Still ruck projects though. With Seaby gone and White looking around someone has to ruck in the ressies! Who else is there? Everitt?!?
    Both of them will give Steve Taubert something to work with. Its probably time we had a Taubert appreciation thread. The bloke is a pure genius!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Nickname, Mister?
    "Sylvester". Those with kids should get it (McMonkey McBean).

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast