Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Draft Selections / potential FA pick-ups

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Paul Kelly's eldest boy was born in 1996!!!!!!!!! Only 2 years to wait
    I have been keeping that little bit of knowledge close satch; anyway it was the end of the season, just after his grandfather passed away and just before the finals. We may have to wait 3 years.

Dunks' boy is on the rise though.

Not sure if Luffy's lad is interested.

Did Mark Bayes do anything about contributing to the Swans gene pool?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Did Mark Bayes do anything about contributing to the Swans gene pool?
    Mark Bayes and the Father Son Rule

Has one boy who plays soccer.....

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    For those of you that are bored by the saga of DirtyKurt, it's time to think about who we should be looking at for the National, Preseason and Rookie drafts (November 22nd and December 11th).
    There have been some interesting delistings from some of our opponents, including Kirk Ugle, Cruize Garlett and Ben Speight. All of whom have good legspeed and are relatively young. Any thoughts?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

On the Rookie List
    Sherman Ex Bulldog & Lion needs a new home and Petterd from the Demons looks a good sort. Ben McKinley ex Roos and West Coast can kick a few too. Garlett might be worth a look.

We just offloaded similar level players. I can't see us picking up any of these. Also can't afford any additions to salary cap if we are serious about trying to get Tippett.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We just offloaded similar level players. I can't see us picking up any of these. Also can't afford any additions to salary cap if we are serious about trying to get Tippett.
    I disagree.
    We picked up Spanky with #73 in 2010 after he was delisted by WetToast, and Luke Brennan before that. So we have form for recycling, and with 9 list spots available (and some very mediocre draft picks) we may well see some recycling by the Swans this year.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I disagree.
    We picked up Spanky with #73 in 2010 after he was delisted by WetToast, and Luke Brennan before that. So we have form for recycling, and with 9 list spots available (and some very mediocre draft picks) we may well see some recycling by the Swans this year.
    Agree this is possible. However, I will be dismayed if we pick up either Ben McKinley or Justin Sherman, though. Gartlett apparently wants more senior opportunities but he'd be further back in the queue at the Swans that he was at North. Petterd looks talented, though one has to wonder what's going on with a 24 year old who can't get a game with the Demons.

Senior Player

Tom Gillies?

Geelong have today delisted Tom Gillies.. Anyone have any prior knowledge of him?

Could be just the type to replace the Spang as a ready back-up for our KPP, at least on paper.
    C'mon Chels!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Petterd looks talented, though one has to wonder what's going on with a 24 year old who can't get a game with the Demons.

The same could have been said about Morton 12 months ago. If they take the view that this is their last chance then maybe one or two of these players could be a trump for us.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Bate and Petterd both seem to have been on the outer since Neeld took over and may benefit from a new lease at the Swans.

No chance we'll take Sherman after being let go with a year left on his contract.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

On the Rookie List
    There must be some real talent in the upcoming draft as most clubs are making as much room as possible on their lists. Might have to wait for the pre season draft for recycling to be done. Sherman had a suspension/fine/reprimand for a racist slur so maybe he has anger issues.

Some people have suggested we need some succession planning with key defensive posts. Ted and LRT will be 30 and Reg 27.

Good sense, but I would suggest there is an area where there is similar and greater urgency.

Three years ago we identified we had a problem with speed. We only had Goodes and Shaw with genuine pace. We added Jetta and Rohan. Giving us a speed makeover. After we lost Gary, we were outrun by Richmond and StKilda but still won the flag To my mind this suggests we need 4 not 3 players with genuine speed.

I am mindful that two of these four very fast senior players will turn 32 and 33 next year. I think we will need to find at least two replacements fairly quickly, hence my suggestion we might consider a player that has already been at a club.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast