Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White's future

I'm not up with the rules of the ND or PCD, but wouldn't we now have to de-list him for him to get to another club, & if we did wouldn't we have to pay the difference between his new/old contract?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    I'm not up with the rules of the ND or PCD, but wouldn't we now have to de-list him for him to get to another club, & if we did wouldn't we have to pay the difference between his new/old contract?
    Yes and yes.

I doubt Jesse will be going anywhere for 2012 unless he really doesn't want to be at the Swans next year. And he'd be daft to try his luck in the draft I reckon, given no club really showed much interest in him during the trade period. His best bet for prolonging his AFL career is to knuckle down for another year with the Swans and show some real improvement - which to be fair to him, he did in 2012. He's not in our best 22, probably not best 25 but he's still reasonably capable at AFL level and has something to offer to a list now bereft of experienced depth.

Hopefully he can get a call up when we play the Crows next year and kick 4 or 5 goals while playing in the ruck.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yes and yes.
    Hopefully he can get a call up when we play the Crows next year and kick 4 or 5 goals while playing in the ruck.
    Oooh, I LIKE how you think liz. Delicious.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

It would be great if we could lend him to another club for 2013, like they do in some soccer leagues.
    up the guts

Jesse know that he has one more year of afl until the swans probably delist him. Its make or break for his afl career.

However, if we dont get tippet he is now our backup ruckman like seaby was. He should get at least a few senior games.

Ironically, white is exactly the type of player we would try and poach from another club. ... Fringe player good build, still young

I am glad he is still on our list and won't be too surprised if 2013 is his breakout year. It would be a great nail for destiny to hammer into the Crows' coffin.

I hear Melbourne Tigers NBL is looking for players.

Before the GF, where we all know Pyke played so well, I thought Jesse would give Pyke a real run for his money as 2nd Ruck. He definitely has improved his rucking this year during the months that Seaby was sidelined. I hope he gets an opportunity in the preseason to give it a go. Longmire stuck with Pyke despite some fairly ordinary games during the year, in part, because we were winning. And he turned out to be right in the end by doing so. But Jesse does offer a better forward option than Pyke does, so far, and is a few years younger than Pyke, so should be given every opportunity to show if he has well and truly improved enough to warrant a senior spot.

I would imagine that if we get Tippett his opportunities will be limited, which is a shame.

I blame myself. I once told Roosy he should keep an eye on Jesse as he had done some pinch hit rucking in ressies and I could see potential. He didn't actually agree with me at the time. If only I had not said anything J could have concentrated solely on being a forward.....mia culpa.

Just as long he isn't shunted but actually traded, and as its NOT Collingwood, or the basket case that is Melbourne. I would much rather he do a Ted Richards here and frigging well bully himself into being a forward option; problem is he is a nice guy with very little killer in him. There is no fierce sod in his makeup. Maybe that's the reason for the tatts. Suiting himself up in battle armour?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I was pleased to see the Players Union sticking up for him about the adverse effect the Tippett debacle has had on his career. Not that they can do much but at least he knows someone cares about him....not just me.
    I can see him at Freo, Brisbane, Geelong.

I think 2013 is going to be a marking time year for him and then his life will go in a completely different direction. Or he might retire and write poetry.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

I have spent many a post on defending JWhite on RWO, but gave up this year. But as I've noted previously he's like Michael Johnston, the cricketer - the less he plays the better he is.

He hasn't played senior footy for a while, so.....

I know he spent his time in the ruck this year, but I think one of the things holding him back in the 1's was the forward/ruck role. He's never going to go past Pyke and Mumford. If we don't get Tippett give him a sustained go at FF. If the penny's dropped, it's dropped - let's see what happens.

Step up JWhite!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    If we don't get Tippett give him a sustained go at FF. If the penny's dropped, it's dropped - let's see what happens.
    I support this. Maybe this situation will give him the mongrel required. I have faith that it will.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast