Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White's future

Veterans List
    Forever hopeful that all those exciting positive attributes are finally put to real use and he forces his way into the 22. Not sure where but be great if he could finally get it together and produce consistently what we've all drooled over in glimses.

Come on Jesse, your time is NOW!

As we now know, Jesse's future moved to Melbourne and Collingwood. And a lot of us wished him a warm farewell with the hope that it would be a good move for him.

And so it seems to have been, as it appears he has acquired more than just additional tattoos since he has been there. From AFL website:

'Magpies forward Jesse White sustained a compound dislocation of his finger in the club's clash with St Kilda on Friday night.

Eade said the Magpies were confident White would be fit to take on the Demons.

"There's no fracture, which was a good result. He's in a splint at the moment but we're pretty confident he'll be able to play on Monday," Eade said.

White has attracted little of the fanfare afforded other off-season AFL recruits this year, but the ex-Swan appears a good fit at Collingwood.

The man who represented Queensland in basketball and Australian football during his school days has played every match since round two.

Against St Kilda, he was pitched into the ruck following the last-minute withdrawal of Grundy, and arguably played his best game in black and white.

"Jesse's shown when he's in and around the ball, he has great impact," coach Nathan Buckley said.

"We're still finding out whether his role is best as a second ruckman or a legitimate tall forward.

"It takes players a little bit of time to adapt to new surroundings."

For White, life as a Magpie is sitting well.

"It's been great. My family's all in Melbourne so I've got that support off field," he said.

"I've got a baby due any time now. The club's been sensational with their support and giving me the time I need.

"I can't wait (to be a dad)
    ."

Pushing for Selection
    I'd also like to mention Everitt. I think he's slotted in nicely at Carlton and given them some versatility. Probably been one of their better players this year. Top 6 B&F at the moment at the blues in my opinion.
    Using Tapatalk

In Mumford, Everitt, White, and probably Lamb, we gave up plenty to secure Buddy. COLA irrelevant!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Of those 4 I think only Mummy would get a look in on our current best 22.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    And he's only been available 50% of this seasons games. Thus far looking a positive move, but yes one to evaluate 5 years down the track, or maybe 9

Absolutely, and, even then, only when fully fit. I'm sure that the number of matches he missed in more recent times was a factor in our decision making process. Good luck to all of them anyway. I wish them all well, except when they play us!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

A little bit off-topic but I absolutely loved watching Nathan Gordon having a few runs for Richmond

Just wild about Harry
    I have to say that I have always liked Jesse White, but unfortunately Collingwood are finding out that he is not a KPP, but is the biggest rover in the competition.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think on his form at the end of last year and so far this year Andrejs would also be in the side, probably over Laidler.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I think on his form at the end of last year and so far this year Andrejs would also be in the side, probably over Laidler.
    Maybe, it's hard to say. Laidler seems like a solid, smart and consistent footballer, whereas Andrejs would show moments of sheer brilliance but also the occasional costly brainfart. For defensive roles I probably prefer the former over the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I have to say that I have always liked Jesse White, but unfortunately Collingwood are finding out that he is not a KPP, but is the biggest rover in the competition.
    With you there Doss, all sentiments. Keep a keen eye on him and pray he doesn't stuff up, and so far he has done as much as he has ever done with us. Consistency is never going to be his strong point, just his enjoyment of his team.
    So pleased for Incy. Looks like he has grown, dark blue suits him.
    Big Mummy, miss the bugger, but he has been out of action for much of the season, and that has been a consistent with us as well. When he is good he is mighty, but he is not always on deck.
    Lambkin is still looking for work........it may have surprised the hell out of him.

Isn't it amazing that all the players over the last few years that we have had to let go, haven't actually gone on to be massive for another club. Fairly telling. Our list management is in strong hands.

Stella, I am not so sure about your assessment of Laidler (Incy being in side before him). I keep an eye out and he does 1%ers, nothing too flash, but reliable. Like that last bit of ice at the bottom of a drink, you don't really notice it until you have crunched your way through all the layers above it, but it serves a purpose of keeping your drink cold.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast