Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White's future

Jesse White's future

Now that the trade period debacle is over, where do people see Jesse's future.

Hopefully he doesn't take the view that "nobody wants me" & he views it as the turning point in his career. Hope he goes on & proves the Crows wrong, espically those flogs on the BF Adelaide board. He has the physical attributes to becomes a KPP, just not the will. Hope he now has the fire in the belly to do it.

Being a late comer to the game, he may blossom later than most. Maybe the club could groom him as the replacement for LRT in the backline.

PS. I thought it was time to start another thread.

Finally someone who sees he's potential, he's big and can move, he can also kick the ball well, watch Sydney V North in round 4, very good game by Jesse.

Jesse White's future

Whites potential has always been blatantly visible to most. His desire or ability to deliver on that potential has been more difficulty to spot. I too hope this could be a Turning point for him, if he can become a 30-40 goal forward for us that would be fantastic. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Whites potential has always been blatantly visible to most. His desire or ability to deliver on that potential has been more difficulty to spot. I too hope this could be a Turning point for him, if he can become a 30-40 goal forward for us that would be fantastic. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
    I can't see him playing forward if we do get Tippett though, unless he comes on in leaps & bounds. Maybe ruck/forward, still think the backline.

I too hope Jesse does come good but I think for this too happen we have to go back to the future (does anyone have a spare delorean we can tinker with??) and play him as a fwd only.
    With Jesse it will be a confidence issue I would like to see him start at FF in the ressies and given a chance to kick a couple of bags and put some pressure on Reid and Morton for a Fwd role in the seniors. I will also throw this one out there Ted was in a similar position to White i.e on the fringe unable to hold a key FWD posi could we transform Jesse into the next Ted richards? - be gentle I cry easily
    Cheers

waz

It must be confronting to know Adelaide would have taken a deal for pick 23, but rejected pick 23 + him.

Still, at least he can say he had an impact this season - how many players can (indirectly) bring down a football club like this?

Dear Jesse, he has bothered the @@@@e out of us on many occasions, yet here we are, still, trying to make it all come out right in the end for him. Honestly, he just invokes loyalty doesn't he. Tatts and all.

Someone out there see what we see, and give the man a chance. Even in a lower ranked team he could be a schtar!! I think Port would be a very good fit for him as a starting point. And I wouldn't mind it if Geelong could tease him into performing. Not Carlton though. Essendon? NOT COLLINGWOOD

And not one word of dissent out of him this whole trade period. He does have some class doesn't he.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

double vodka lemon pls
    I have said this many many times , he is an example of a great player at the wrong club. I 100% feel he would succeed at the crows or lions etc. it's not meant as an insult to him or our team but like teddy to the bombers ( having a blonde moment and worried I have said the wrong team ) he doesn't have a "spot" with us. Let's do the kid a favour and let him go and he can fire at another team. We all know there is not a spare spot in our team for him to slide into. Best of luck Jessie

double vodka lemon pls
    Ps to Primmy, he did post something on twitter re his flight to see the crows but pulled it down not long after. I think he had a talking to by someone re any talk before papers are signed

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Dear Jesse, he has bothered the @@@@e out of us on many occasions, yet here we are, still, trying to make it all come out right in the end for him. Honestly, he just invokes loyalty doesn't he. Tatts and all.

Someone out there see what we see, and give the man a chance. Even in a lower ranked team he could be a schtar!! I think Port would be a very good fit for him as a starting point. And I wouldn't mind it if Geelong could tease him into performing. Not Carlton though. Essendon? NOT COLLINGWOOD

And not one word of dissent out of him this whole trade period. He does have some class doesn't he.
    Primmy I agree totally but not Essendon as they already have plenty of the tall type and don't need him as they have their own under achiever in Gumbleton. Port would be a great fit for him as I told my brother, a Port supporter, recently. He would compliment Schulz and cover the problem of Renouf not being fir all the time. I think Port were crazy to take a risk on Renouf as word from inside the Hawks was he was stuffed and would need plenty of time on the injury list. White would fill the gap and is a more than handy ruckman as far as I am concerned. That is where his great work was done in the Two's later in the year. That is assuming we don't decide to keep him although he seems to have made his mind up that he wants out.

By the way I think he would hate it at the Crows, their supporters turn on their own for the smallest thing and I don't think Jesse could handle that. Port supporters are like ours much more loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I too hope Jesse does come good but I think for this too happen we have to go back to the future (does anyone have a spare delorean we can tinker with??) and play him as a fwd only
    Here you go ...
    APP OF THE DAY - Flux Capacitor (iPad / iPhone / iPod touch) - Pocket-lint

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast