Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fixture

Senior Player
    I'm pretty keen on the Hobart game too - especially given my brother is a North supporter

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Adelaide, shockingly, play Freo, West Coast, North, Bulldogs and Port twice. Lock them in for top 4.
    I don't know if I'd pencil the Crows in for automatic wins against Freo and CE - or Port in showdowns.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Bulldogs and port are gimmes for 8 points. But there will be nothing easy about West Coast or Freo twice next season, and North may improve again.
    Given the way the AFL was talking up harder draws for the top sides I'm still surprised the Crows have no return matches against last year's top 4. Hell North get 7 matches against them.

Seems a reasonable draw overall...although we do clock up some KMs with trips to NZ, Hobart, Perth and Adelaide twice.

Looking forward to the Friday night game v Collingwood at the MCG...definitely coming down for that one. Would have liked to have seen WCE at home and played Freo away...seems to be rare that this happens.

Essendon, Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda and Richmond at the SCG should go close to selling out the redeveloping ground.

Bring on 2013 and back to back premierships!!
    Last edited by Matt79; 31st October 2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Typo
    Swannies for life!

Veterans List
    Ours is no tougher than you would expect for the Premiers but why do we have to go to Kardinia Park again?

Hawthorn has been given a tough run.

Adelaide another soft draw even though they were Prelim finalists, what gives with them they had the easiest draw, along with the Tankers, last year?

Pretty good draw in the end.

I lament just four games in Melbourne and agree Vic membership should be less for 2013 as a result. With the financial incentives that must have been offered for Hobart and Wellington games, a commensurate reduction won't represent lost revenue for the club, so there is no excuse. In fact, it will save the club money because it won't have to pay home teams for those who attend (as is currently the case).

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    3 ANZ games
    2 Home Games - the Canberra Giants are of no concern to me.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I know what you mean, was more just thinking of it as being something extra that'll be weighed up- more along the lines of only making 9 games, and one of them being a bit of a pain at that. Not really suggesting those people won't support/attend, just may rethink going the whole hog for memberships is all.

I wonder with the new juggled start times if clubs will consider introducing slightly modified membership packages.
    Fair enough. We do have the extra Sydney game against the Giants but that doesn't count in our membership of course.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Seems a reasonable draw overall...although we do clock up some KMs with trips to NZ, Hobart, Perth and Adelaide twice.

Looking forward to the Friday night game v Collingwood at the MCG...definitely coming down for that one. Would have liked to have seen WCE at home and played Freo away...seems to be rare that this happens.

Essendon, Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda and Richmond at the SCG should go close to selling out the redeveloped ground.

Bring on 2013 and back to back premierships!!
    Will the ground be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    No the ground won't be ready until season 2014.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

It should have read "redeveloping ground"...sorry.
    Swannies for life!

Happy and I know it
    The SCG redevelopment will be completed before the Ashes Test match between Australia and England in January 2014.

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.a...capital-works/
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast