Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No the ground won't be ready until season 2014.
    Yeah. That's my recollection. It is scheduled to be ready for the 2014 New Year's Ashes Test.

Do get a bit peeved with the number of games in melbourne. Every single time one of these clubs moves their game away from melbourne we seem to cop it down here. So now no saints, no north. And the truth is we draw almost as many supporters to the saints and north games as those clubs do themselves. I've been to etihad where i reckon there were as many swans fans as north ones and the crowd would be significantly larger than freo north or port north

anyway i guess it was inevitable that the more non victorian sides the fewer games we get here - but i hope the melbourne office works on its retention

Blog Entries
    4 games in Melbourne and 3 at the MCG.
    As both my daughter and I are MCC members, and the only other game we will get to will be at Etihad, will not be worth renewing my membership for 1 game.

Sorry Swans membership Dept.

Just wild about Harry
    Yah, as I pay for memberships for my daughter and me, I cant afford it with only 4 games.

Not happy - 4 games in Melbourne.

I'll try and get up to the SCG once or twice to make up for it.

I personally will renew, but will do so quite begrudgingly. I know that, in one sense, its not the club's fault but I am pretty dissatisfied. It is inevitable in this context that my kids will incresingly drift away from the swans no matter my level of commitment - it is hard enough for them as it is having every second kid ask why they dont go for (insert melbourne team here) but to see them this rarely even allowing for the success and the effort the club does make (they do enjoy the skills sessions with the boys even if it always seems to happen after we've been walloped) does inevitably make them go with the kids their age to the teams they support.

2 chances to beat Collingwood, I feel a winning streak on the way. Hawks and Pies at the "G" almost makes up for only 4 games in Melbourne. Melbourne Membership better be cheaper though.

We should be 6-0 before our clash with the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    As both my daughter and I are MCC members, and the only other game we will get to will be at Etihad, will not be worth renewing my membership for 1 game.

Would you take a "non-ticket" membership so you remain a member but the membership doesn't include game entry?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Plus Geelong and the Grand Final makes 6
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Do get a bit peeved with the number of games in melbourne. Every single time one of these clubs moves their game away from melbourne we seem to cop it down here. So now no saints, no north. And the truth is we draw almost as many supporters to the saints and north games as those clubs do themselves. I've been to etihad where i reckon there were as many swans fans as north ones and the crowd would be significantly larger than freo north or port north
    4 Melbourne games is a really poor outcome. The NZ concept is pointless (hopefully it will only be one year for the Swans).

Unfurling the flag in front of lowly Gold coast (with whom we have no a rivalry/ history) is a little uninspiring....

A move obviously designed to increase the attendance to what would otherwise be a poor drawing game.

I like the idea of unfurling it in front of a recent rival.....Hawthorn, Geelong, West coast, Collingwood spring to mind.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast