Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Looking forward to the Friday night game v Collingwood at the MCG...definitely coming down for that one.
    Jetstar currently have flights for sale that Friday for $49, and coming back on Saturday for $35...snap one up!

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    The SCG redevelopment will be completed before the Ashes Test match between Australia and England in January 2014.

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.a...capital-works/
    That should mean some of the stand will be useable in the back half of 2013 for seating. Just like they did with the MCG during construction.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Would you take a "non-ticket" membership so you remain a member but the membership doesn't include game entry?
    Might do. That is how it started.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Plus Geelong and the Grand Final makes 6

Never been to Geelong, and probably won't this year.
    No GF for me next year.
    Other plans are already in place.

So still 4 games.

It's going to make it tough to sell memberships in Melbourne next year with only 4 games.

We do have a say about the draw in a lot of respects so I will be e-mailing the Swans Melbourne office to offer my dissapointment about what they included in their must have's for the 2013 year.

It's worthwhile doing, as at least the club will understand the issues around committing to just what is a four game membership.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Jetstar currently have flights for sale that Friday for $49, and coming back on Saturday for $35...snap one up!
    Thanks for that! Booked to fly down Friday morning!
    Swannies for life!

Adelaide June long weekend!!! Oh well will be staying on a pro crow household too!!!

Regular in the Side
    Email to Melb members from Andrew Ireland

A message to Victorian members from Sydney Swans Chief Executive, Andrew Ireland.

The AFL fixture for 2013 has been announced this morning, and while the Club is quite happy with the home games allocated in Sydney, we are disappointed for our loyal and passionate members and supporters based in Victoria, to have only five games allocated in 2013.

Every year we request a minimum of six games in Victoria but we are beholden to the AFL and to a lesser degree to the Victorian based clubs.

In 2013, two Victorian based clubs that we have been drawn to play - St Kilda and North Melbourne - have chosen to play their 'home' games internationally and interstate, which has impacted the number of matches we play in Victoria.

On a positive note, we have taken the step of securing access to a significant number of extra seats for members to the round 21 match against Geelong at Simonds Stadium, and look forward to playing more matches at the MCG, including the Friday night match against Collingwood in round nine.

Everyone at the Club, particularly the players, values the wonderful support we receive when we play in Victoria. This was clearly highlighted by the amount of red and white fans at the MCG on Grand Final day.

You can rest assured that we will continue to work with the AFL to ensure we will have a minimum of six games in Victoria in the years ahead.
    Red and white till I die

Senior Player
    So no discount to the membership price, they've just made it easier for us to secure seats in Geelong?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    So no discount to the membership price, they've just made it easier for us to secure seats in Geelong?
    Don't forget the warm fuzzy message.

You think he could have secured a deal for three or four games in Sydney to be attached to the Melbourne memberships. They could have done a cheapy rate at the Randwick Motel for those games for Vic members.

They just don't think laterally enough.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Regular in the Side
    What a load of spin. There still won't be many seats at Geelong and most people wouldn't go there anyway.
    No mention of a decrease in the membership price.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Regular in the Side
    Hobart, NZ and Adelaide all soon to be booked in for me.

Personally the only disappointment for me is that other than the GF, the Dogs are the only opportunity to travel to Melb in the 2nd half of the season. Not sure if that's a trip I can be bothered making.

If the Kardinia redevelopment is finished, I might finally be able to persuade the mates to head to Geelong.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    No GF for me next year.
    Other plans are already in place.

So still 4 games.
    Scott, you're not putting your kids and family before the Swans again?.

Well, if you're not at home, leave the keys under the front mat and I'm sure there will be lots of RWO people who could stay at your place during GF week. You know, just to keep an eye on things.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast