Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Cunningham

Regular in the Side

Harry Cunningham

Congratulations to Harry Cunningham who has now been promoted to the Senior List according to the Ins & Outs list on Fox Sports.

Veterans List
    There goes ND pick 67 if it's true. Pick 103 we will need to pass on if we think we can get Tippett in the PSD.

Expect there will be an article on Harry on the Swans website tomorrow if Fox have their info correct.

He must have done quite a bit right in the eyes of the coaching staff during the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    There goes ND pick 67 if it's true. Pick 103 we will need to pass on if we think we can get Tippett in the PSD.

Expect there will be an article on Harry on the Swans website tomorrow if Fox have their info correct.

He must have done quite a bit right in the eyes of the coaching staff during the year.
    Harry has undoubted ability. Noone expected him to debut as early as he did - but in the few reserves games I saw (a few early in the season, then one late in regular season and the NEAFL grand final), there were some really good signs. Won't ever forget the goal he got in the NEAFL grand final where he cleared it from the centre circle, took off and kicked a long bomb goal - awesome piece of skill and pace.

The guy has real talent and I think will be pushing hard for a permanent spot in the seniors before too long.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Harry has undoubted ability. Noone expected him to debut as early as he did - but in the few reserves games I saw (a few early in the season, then one late in regular season and the NEAFL grand final), there were some really good signs. Won't ever forget the goal he got in the NEAFL grand final where he cleared it from the centre circle, took off and kicked a long bomb goal - awesome piece of skill and pace.

The guy has real talent and I think will be pushing hard for a permanent spot in the seniors before too long.
    Looks official as it's on the AFL website. Congratulations to Harry. One of those players we are hoping to step up to senior ranks this year. As I said earlier, the coaches must have been pleased with his work and development this year in the ressies.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Onya Harry.
    Seems to have a lot to offer; not the least is pace.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Happy Days for young Cunningham.

Well no one else had thought of it yet !!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Good on him. I like the cut of his jib.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    reads the ball well from what I have seen, and gets front and centre as a crumber.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

I don't think that's quite right. We have 8 senior spots to fill (senior list has apparently been expanded to 40 across the board now). Cunningham upgraded makes that 7. Tippett makes that 6. That still leaves us with our 5 picks under 70 AND pick 103. I expected us to chase a delisted FA, but that doesn't appear to be happening.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I don't think that's quite right. We have 8 senior spots to fill (senior list has apparently been expanded to 40 across the board now). Cunningham upgraded makes that 7. Tippett makes that 6. That still leaves us with our 5 picks under 70 AND pick 103. I expected us to chase a delisted FA, but that doesn't appear to be happening.
    These new list rules are so confusing. I thought you could have between 38 and 40 on the senior list and 7 and 9 on the rookie list, with the total being 47 max. But I cannot find this in writing anywhere, just pieced together what others have posted. Ugg and Liz usually have a good knowledge of these rules, so hope they can chip in and clarify.

Another thing is that it seems that GWS don't have nearly enough space on the list to take all their 1st round picks. I suppose they can still delist a few? Again, cannot find the rules on what GWS can do on list numbers, although I think they were able to start at 50 last year and have until 2019 to get down to 40.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post

Actually, Happy Days for Cunningham was the headline in the Swans' website on the day he was rookie listed.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post

I'm just wild about Harry?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast