Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big J. White!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I've given up - more than happy to be proven wrong

please prove me wrong
    yep. would have been gone if another club wanted him.

He took my best supporting years and i'm left with nothing

I've also given up. Has been a big dissapointment when given a senior game.

I see there's a thread on BF about Groundhog Day events in preseason. For Swans fans it's when we start wondering about White's prospects next year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I've given up - more than happy to be proven wrong

please prove me wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    yep. would have been gone if another club wanted him.

He took my best supporting years and i'm left with nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    I've also given up. Has been a big dissapointment when given a senior game.
    Yep, I share these sentiments.

I like to dream that the shamozzle that was the Tippett trade may awaken the sleeping giant in him and he will do a Mitch Morton and realize that his career could be over this time next year if he doesn't pull his finger out.

But I know I'm only dreaming and I don't realistically think it will happen.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post

I like to dream that the shamozzle that was the Tippett trade may awaken the sleeping giant in him and he will do a Mitch Morton and realize that his career could be over this time next year if he doesn't pull his finger out.

I have put on a few kilo's this year after consuming a lot of "humble pie " in regards to Teddy

don't mind if my weight goes up again if Jessie pulls his finger out
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post

I spoke to Jesse a year ago and he knew then he only had a year to prove himself. If that won't do it what will. but I am with all you lot. I want the man to be the player he has hidden inside himself. I just want it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Between the ears. Doesn't have a footy brain.

Just cannot seem to take a contested mark, at least in the Seniors.

Maybe tether him to Pyke in the pre-season -- ala Jetta to Jack last year -- to get his hands working properly?
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We also had a guy called Craig Nettlebeck many years ago......perfect footy build....huge potential....and huge disappointment. Jessie wont be the last AFL player to look like Tarzan and, sad to say, play like Jane.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    We also had a guy called Craig Nettlebeck many years ago......perfect footy build....huge potential....and huge disappointment. Jessie wont be the last AFL player to look like Tarzan and, sad to say, play like Jane.
    I bet a bloke a slab Nettlebeck wouldn't play 100 games after he went to Melbourne. Started to get the games at the Dees but fell away. Played about 64 AFL games but I never saw the slab. Still see his cousin at the footy but alas ........

I reckon Nettles is the bloke that Plugger is almost strangling over the fence at Moorabbin that comes on in a clip occasionally. Was there that day and we thought he was going to die.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Interesting read on the Lions website by their National Talent Manager Rob Kerr into their dealings during trade week. He reveals that the Lions seriously considered White and would have traded for him had their Stefan Martin deal not gone through, almost purely on the basis of his athleticism and the advantages he will have given the introduction of the new ruck rules. The whole article is worth checking out anyway for the insights he provides in the wheelings and dealings involved during the trade period.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsart...9/default.aspx

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting and extremely detailed read! Seems that they are out of the race for Tippett now so it will either be us or GWS that get him.

Rob Kerr had only good things to say about Jesse as an individual, I'm glad we're keeping him even if he does end up playing most of next year in the NEAFL, he sounds like the kind of bloke you want to have around the club. And we do still need a back-up ruck with Seaby gone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast