Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jack

Maybe the thinking is that no one would take him since he would take up space for a couple of years until his contract was up and then request a trade to the Swans. So why put time and money into a player that wasn't going to stay. Maybe everyone will learn a bit from the Tippett affair.

Veterans List
    We have missed the opportunity to guarantee he gets to us before the ND.

Being so undeveloped clubs are unlikely to commit to him for two years in the ND, particularly in what is being suggested will be a low number of total picks used this year. He won't be drafted would be the Swans thinking.

We therefore have the chance to prelist him as a NSW rookie prior to the Rookie Draft.

If the club sees he has ability and it looks like he does, I'm sure he'll be on our rookie list for next year. Worth the punt I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We have missed the opportunity to guarantee he gets to us before the ND.

Being so undeveloped clubs are unlikely to commit to him for two years in the ND, particularly in what is being suggested will be a low number of total picks used this year. He won't be drafted would be the Swans thinking.

We therefore have the chance to prelist him as a NSW rookie prior to the Rookie Draft.

If the club sees he has ability and it looks like he does, I'm sure he'll be on our rookie list for next year. Worth the punt I reckon.
    Shh, yep

Is that the way it works?

If he is registered for the draft this year, but is not taken in the ND, then he can be taken as a NSW rookie either this year or next?
    Can we just prelist him after the ND is over?
    Can GWS take him as a NSW rookie as well? Can there be a Cunningham sort of thing where if we don't take him this year as a rookie, GWS can? I would be worried about that, as it would be great publicity for them having one of the Jack kids, especially now that they lost Izzy. They would be looking for that kind of coup.

I agree that he looks great on the video, regardless of the quality of the competition. He looks so much like a taller version of KJ, kicking and all.

If you are not a stand out in a poorly performed u/18 RAMS team, no senior AFL club is going to be interested in you.

Swans had a dozen draft aged Academy members, I think (?), of them Daniel Robinson got the most mentions from the national carnival.

They all seem to get their turn for a mention in the "bests" when they step up to Ressies.

Swans will continue to draft the way that has worked so well for them, they will take the best available players that enhance their list.

Interesting to note that they have cut 2 of their 3 former NSW Scholarship holders - Lynch and Gordon gone, only Bird remains - and also NSW origin rookies, Kruger and McNeill gone ... no fear nor favour!

However, if they are going to rely on "blood lines", you would prefer to be a B Jack or a D Roos when they start reading out names at the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with brandon jack? Have a look at these highlights he looks like an absolute jet! How can he get into the swannies? He is going to be a star i reckon.

Brandon Jack AFL Recruitment Video - YouTube
    Uncanny how much he looks like his big bro. Only problem is he is playiong against traffic cones in the SFL. Sure the Swans have done their research but would hate to see another club get their hands on him

On the Rookie List
    He looks like he has pace, change of direction and good awareness and skills and a great swans like attack on the ball - he should be picked up. Very disappointed that we could lose him.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Rumour has it that he may follow the family tradition and become a Tiger.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Rumour has it that he may follow the family tradition and become a Tiger.
    What, of the Queanbeyan variety?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    What, of the Queanbeyan variety?
    arf arf, you pot stirrer. For the rest of us, the other pot stirrer meant the Balmain Tigers (his father's old ARL team), and I think that now translates to Western Tigers (name could be a bit wrong, I was lost to AFL from 1996).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Looks like all my dreams for the rookie draft might be coming true

"Meanwhile, Sydney has invited the younger brothers of Kieren Jack and Ted Richards to pre-season training, with the pair possible considerations for the December 11 rookie draft."
    Ex-Bomber Prismall trains with Port Adelaide

Promoted, well played.

Interesting how at the start of this thread we were wondering if we'd ever get him.
    -

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast