Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jack

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Not sure, but last week we had 3 father-sons playing in the same team.
    We have quite a few on our list with fathers who played some code of footy at the elite level. In addition to Ugg's three FS selections there is Hanners, Reid, the two Jacks, Walsh and Lockyer that I can think of off the top of my head.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Does anyone know the last time the Swans had two brothers playing in the same team?
    Probably have to be the Morwoods. We even had 3 of them!
    Last edited by Dosser; 7th June 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Does anyone know the last time the Swans had two brothers playing in the same team?
    I think it was the Morwood brothers Tony, Paul & Shane in the late '70's early '80's.

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    Thought the same - did Danihers & Morwoods ever play in the same team? Wayne & Dennis Caroll being cousins is close enough for me, they would have played with Morwoods.

Rambling now but I just remembered Michael & Stevie Wright, they definitely would have run out with the Morwoods.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Probably have to be the Morwoods. We even had 3 of them!
    The Cordys. Maybe Micky O and Ricky O played in a practice game!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How many fathers do we have playing this weekend?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Not sure but we have 22 sons playing

Quote Originally Posted by BigBarryRound25 View Post
    Thought the same - did Danihers & Morwoods ever play in the same team? Wayne & Dennis Caroll being cousins is close enough for me, they would have played with Morwoods.

Rambling now but I just remembered Michael & Stevie Wright, they definitely would have run out with the Morwoods.
    The Danihers never played together at the Swans. Terry played '76-77 & Anthony 81-86. Michael Wright 78-80 & Stevie 79-92 & yes they played with the Morwoods. Practice games don't count TBC. But Graeme Cordy 87-89 & Neil Cordy 87-93 played together. So it is looking like the Cordy's are the last brothers to play in the same Bloods team 24 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Plenty, it rains babies at the Swans. Jetta, Macca, goodsie, Mal, Reg, Ryano, Kizza?, Pykie,

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    [QUOTE=wolftone57;613512]The Danihers never played together at the Swans. Terry played '76-77 & Anthony 81-86. Michael Wright 78-80 & Stevie 79-92 & yes they played with the Morwoods. Practice games don't count TBC. But Graeme Cordy 87-89 & Neil Cordy 87-93 played together. So it is looking like the Cordy's are the last brothers to play in the same Bloods team 24 years ago.

Fair enough - for some reason I was thinking Neale Daniher, but he must have been on our list without playing seniors.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Plenty, it rains babies at the Swans. Jetta, Macca, goodsie, Mal, Reg, Ryano, Kizza?, Pykie,
    A few of those have kept them a secret from the masses if they are fathers. Goodsey? Reg? Jack? However, you can add Jude to the list.

[QUOTE=BigBarryRound25;613515]
    The Danihers never played together at the Swans. Terry played '76-77 & Anthony 81-86. Michael Wright 78-80 & Stevie 79-92 & yes they played with the Morwoods. Practice games don't count TBC. But Graeme Cordy 87-89 & Neil Cordy 87-93 played together. So it is looking like the Cordy's are the last brothers to play in the same Bloods team 24 years ago.

Fair enough - for some reason I was thinking Neale Daniher, but he must have been on our list without playing seniors.
    Neal was cleared to the bombers sight unseen (he was tied to us via the country zone) in a trade for Neville Fields.

Brothers Glenn & Brett Page both played at the Swans (1989-91 & 1990 respectively) but given Brett only played one game, I suspect that they didn't play together.
    The Everett brothers were separated by time on our list

Barry Mitchell's brother Trevor also played some ressies games with the Swans in 1988 I think

& I reckon Mark Bayes might've had a brother training with us while Bayesey was at the club. Those latter brothers clearly never made it

Robbie & Matty AhMat were cousins too I think, but again separated by time ... & not brothers

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was the Morwood brothers Tony, Paul & Shane in the late '70's early '80's.
    Tony & Paul's last time together was 86 when Dr E recruited Paul back from the Saints (only to cut him mid season for salary cap reasons) ... funnily enough, he went to the Maggies to play with Shane >:-(
    Last edited by goswannies; 7th June 2013 at 08:27 PM.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that a photo of shane biggs??
    Brandon Jack an AFL bolter like Kieren - The West Australian

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast