Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jack

Brandon Jack

Does anyone know what's going on with brandon jack? Have a look at these highlights he looks like an absolute jet! How can he get into the swannies? He is going to be a star i reckon.

Brandon Jack AFL Recruitment Video - YouTube
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Stirring stuff. The hands, the legs, the mind - he seems to be a package with the lot.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Remind you of anyone we know? Talk about peas in a pod!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    I saw him play somewhere this season just gone, but escapes me where. I talked to his bro later and he told me he was coming along ok. Those Jacks don't give much away. I was impressed with him tho(Now i think about it , it may have been an under age game)

I believe he's 18 now, so would be eligible to join the club. I would think he could come on to our list directly since he's a Swans Academy member. I don't know what the eligibility is or if he can be taken this year or next, or how long the window is open for.

What am I going to tell my other half in a few years when I have another 'Jack' at the Swannies to have a man-crush on?

By gee he plays like his brother - seems to have the same stamp of class too if that video is anything to go by. I look forward to seeing him in Swans colours alongside his brother at some stage

Oh and just found this on youtube - awesome!

[SAMSUNG STAGE] Winner: Brandon Jack (AFL + moving car) - YouTube

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I believe he's 18 now, so would be eligible to join the club. I would think he could come on to our list directly since he's a Swans Academy member. I don't know what the eligibility is or if he can be taken this year or next, or how long the window is open for.
    If the club had wanted to put him straight onto the senior list, they would have nominated him a few weeks ago (at the start of the trade period) and he would have been subject to the bidding process, as F/S selections are. They didn't, so presumably they don't want him on the senior list at the moment.

He could still be taken by the club as a rookie-listed player for next year but, because he was an Academy player rather than a Scholarship player, he first has to make it through the National Draft with no other club selecting him. That is in contrast to Robinson who the club can put straight onto the rookie list (subject to his agreement) because he was a Scholarship player.

Jack didn't star in the U18 championships this year, and only played a small handful of NEAFL games (in which he also wasn't a stand-out). So he may not even be on the Swans' radar at all for their 2013 list. We'll find out in the next month and a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If the club had wanted to put him straight onto the senior list, they would have nominated him a few weeks ago (at the start of the trade period) and he would have been subject to the bidding process, as F/S selections are. They didn't, so presumably they don't want him on the senior list at the moment.

He could still be taken by the club as a rookie-listed player for next year but, because he was an Academy player rather than a Scholarship player, he first has to make it through the National Draft with no other club selecting him. That is in contrast to Robinson who the club can put straight onto the rookie list (subject to his agreement) because he was a Scholarship player.

Jack didn't star in the U18 championships this year, and only played a small handful of NEAFL games (in which he also wasn't a stand-out). So he may not even be on the Swans' radar at all for their 2013 list. We'll find out in the next month and a bit.
    He was named in the bests for the two games he played for the ressies this year though.

I do hope we take a punt on him. He picked up footy a little later than Kieran, but he looked impressive. Obviously flashes in and out of games, but still, there's something to like about him.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I am not sure if I have this straight, so correct me if I'm wrong:

1. If a player, like B Jack, wants to go to the Swans, but the Swans don't want him on their list this year, he can simply not register for the draft.
    2. If the Swans do want him on their list, he must register for the ND and the Swans can nominate him as an Academy player, where the process is the same as for F/S selections.
    3. If no one bids for him in a given year, we can then take him as a rookie selection if we wish. (A or B?)
    4. Lloyd Perris is a scholarship player, so he can come onto our rookie B list next year, as Robinson has this year.

Veterans List
    He has draft registered as he's got a profile in the Inside Footy draft special.

I'd be devastated if we let him slide to another club as there's so much upside with him and what a pedigree.

Don't forget how long KJ took to make the grade, we have to rookie him.

Why wouldn't we want him? He looks to be fire from those highlights

One must remember who the highlight reel was played against. Its easy to look brilliant against a grey background of under 18's Sydney/ACT competition.

However, he moves like his older brother (and shades of their father too, in his capacity to weave out of trouble - I go waaaayyyy back!) and that has a lot of upside to it. Pedigree, as we have seen in this game, makes a difference too often to ignore. It wouldn't do us any harm at all to have another Jack in the pack (scuse me, it had to be said).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast