Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jude Bolton 15th November

Jude Bolton 15th November

Lists are closed guess he is playing on
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

This is good if he's fit. Would hate to see him go one season too long

Blog Entries
    Yep. Looks like it.
    Wonder if the Sub will prolong his playing days.

Having rewatched most 2012 games a couple of times it is pretty clear Jude was and remains a very important player for us. Other than any issues with his knee from his injury, absolutely no reason for him not to play in 2013. Both in terms of us playing our best 22 and in terms of setting up for the future - Jude is a champion of the club who no doubt leads by example. This trumps any 'keeping a youngster out of the side' considerations.

Two games late in the season showed the value of Jude. In both cases, he wasn't there and it cost us dearly.

In both the Hawthorn and Collingwood games we were beaten when they took the ball away uncontested from a centre bounce with less than a minute on the clock.

I'm willing to bet a fair bit of money that wouldn't have happened if Jude was out there. They may have fluked it once, but it wouldn't have happened twice.

I'm with most, happy to see him go around again if he feels up to it, but really really hope he doesn't fall into the trap of many before him and go one season too many.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Two games late in the season showed the value of Jude. In both cases, he wasn't there and it cost us dearly.

In both the Hawthorn and Collingwood games we were beaten when they took the ball away uncontested from a centre bounce with less than a minute on the clock.

I'm willing to bet a fair bit of money that wouldn't have happened if Jude was out there. They may have fluked it once, but it wouldn't have happened twice.

I'm with most, happy to see him go around again if he feels up to it, but really really hope he doesn't fall into the trap of many before him and go one season too many.
    RWO needs a like feature.

Goes up to 11
    I think it's fantastic that Jude is playing on. He will be a great influence on guys like Hanners, Parker and Mitchell for another year. He has also played some wonderful games within the last two years and at times has had real impact, so I'm stoked that he has another season left in the tank to get that elusive 3rd premiership medallion...

Senior Player
    He just wants another crack at keeping his tackle title from Lenny Hays.

AFL Tables - Career Stats - Totals and Averages

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If he stays away from injury, a younger Andrew Swallow may have them both covered.

Senior Player
    Yeah his tackling average is crazy!

Veterans List
    It's official, playing on in 2013.

Hopefully we build sufficient depth to rest players like Jude a couple of times during the year. Being Sub also sort of gives a break from the full 120 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

It happened against Adelaide and Geelong and Jude was there. Look it is not the personnel as they can only do so much and we have to look to a time after Bolts whether we like it or not. Bolts is very good if not one of the best at the inside mid role and we will miss him greatly when he retires. But to say that it wouldn't have happened if he was playing is just naive as it has happened not only when he has played but he was in the mid when it happened. All mids get caught on the wrong side of the contest sooner or later, we play with an oval ball, hit by ruckmen (sometimes not too accurately), so things are going to go wrong occasionally. But it is sometimes the set ups not the players in the set ups that are the problem. Longmire and Dew worked out the mid set ups by the finals and they worked pretty well. But we also were really strong in the defensive unit which made up for any centre bounces that didn't go our way. Take the GF, Hawks won the centre clearances and peppered their forward line but our backs were wonderful and repelled them every time. We have wonderful young mids coming through and Jude's value is still there as an example of how it is done!

What I worry about is the extent of his injury and whether it will withstand another season. After all as he approaches 35, 33 next year, the recovery will take longer. He has elected to play on but I just hope it isn't a mistake because he is one of my favs and I would hate to see him go out injured or a ghost of his former self due to niggling injuries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast