Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    Tippet or no Tippet, I think we are still going to be a top team. You gotta remember Gary Rohan has grown a lot and can play as a big, fast forward.

And how about Adam Goodes? I don't think he got praised enough for his finals campaign, destroyed Adelaide, a couple of straight kicks away from destroying Collingwood, and was amazing for a guy playing on one leg in the grand final! The thing about Goodesy is, if he still played in the midfield, he could be a triple brownlow medalist, but they are doing the smart thing by giving the younger kids the time in the midfield.

I still love the fact we are premiers, but I'm so excited for next year, I miss watching live football (I've watched the Victory Pack like 5 times)

Go Swans!
    I have just watched all the finals over again. Goodsie foot tapped and tapped out of packs to Morton on quite a few occasions. It was as though it was a set play. Bloody beautiful footy to a bloke who hardly ever misses. I am looking forward to the draft I must admit. I think a few talls are in order. We are a very exciting team and can only get better with the talent coming through. TIP; Watch Lamb develop this year and I think Brown might just develop into a KPP, taking the third tall. Our mids are a huge strength with all the new blood and getting Rooster back around round 6 will be heaven.

On the Rookie List
    Totally agree!Our team is very exciting and full of potential.However all the planets have to align again to go back to back.We need few injuries and a regular 22-26 players playing every week.We need the opposition not to come up with a way to stop our slingshot style.We need Reid to step up,we need to try a few changes but not too many. Like 2012,we are one of maybe 5 teams that could go the whole way.I do not see us dominating the competition.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Totally agree!Our team is very exciting and full of potential.However all the planets have to align again to go back to back.We need few injuries and a regular 22-26 players playing every week.We need the opposition not to come up with a way to stop our slingshot style.We need Reid to step up,we need to try a few changes but not too many. Like 2012,we are one of maybe 5 teams that could go the whole way.I do not see us dominating the competition.
    If we have 26 players each week then we are a great chance!

Watching the early 2012 rounds again ... joy ... I am amazed each week how well Gary Rohan was going !

If he can regain the spark, speed and fitness he will be a key player for the next 5 years.

Lj and Nick Smith made giant strides during the year.

Loving that Road to Greatness ..... sooo less stressful when you know where the journey ends.

The pure joy on the Eski's face as he realises that goal was through and we were home !!

Regular in the Side
    Add the potential of a fast running Harry Cunningham, as well as a very hungry Benny McGlynn, who would desperately want in 2013 to join his mates as a Premiership player. Also I predict that draft pick 22 (very soon to be named) might be a goer, knowing that Jetta and Bird, (neither of whom Top 10 draft picks) successfully played seniors in their first season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12