Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited!

Excited!

I know this has been a great year but for some reason, I just can't wait for next year, I have some worries like other clubs priming (West Coast, Richmond Etc.) but if you really think about it, we were not at our full potential this year, which is scary but exciting. The thing I'm most excited for is Luke Parker, he was unlucky to be sub in the finals but give him another pre season and he is going to be a superstar, then put him in the midfield with Kennedy, Jack, Hanners, Mcveigh etc, I think we will have the best midfield in the compitition, not to mention the likes of Rohan, Mitchell and Lamb who are looking to get game time in 2013. Then you have another pre season in Sam Reid, who's looking like he's going to be a dominating forward. Another pre season in my man Jetta! Imagine if he gets more fit and is able to run out a whole game? And who in the AFL world doesn't love young Johnson? Except maybe whoever Johnson was playing on in the grand final, I don't know who it was, I didn't see him the whole game
    We had a great year, and what scary is we have barely touched the surface, the sky is the limit and the bloods are heading for mars.

Totally agree, next year does look very exciting! I just purchased my Gold membership so I'm pretty stoked. I just want the season to get started already haha

The best thing about Christmas - means that half the off season is over! Roll on 2013

Re: Excited!

I'm enjoying our reign as Reigning Premiers. Footy would just get in the way of all that enjoyment.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm enjoying our reign as Reigning Premiers. Footy would just get in the way of all that enjoyment.
    Yep almost 8 weeks and it's still not stale!!
    Yesterday I followed a car with a Swans Premiers 2012 sticker.
    Today I followed a car, for a short time, with a Hawthorn 2012 member sticker. I just had to get in front of him so he could see my 2012 Premiers sticker.

And Jetts32, you have every right to be excited, after this year.
    If we can lay our grubby mitts on Tippet, who knows what will happen next year.

Tippet or no Tippet, I think we are still going to be a top team. You gotta remember Gary Rohan has grown a lot and can play as a big, fast forward.

And how about Adam Goodes? I don't think he got praised enough for his finals campaign, destroyed Adelaide, a couple of straight kicks away from destroying Collingwood, and was amazing for a guy playing on one leg in the grand final! The thing about Goodesy is, if he still played in the midfield, he could be a triple brownlow medalist, but they are doing the smart thing by giving the younger kids the time in the midfield.

I still love the fact we are premiers, but I'm so excited for next year, I miss watching live football (I've watched the Victory Pack like 5 times)

Go Swans!

Excited!

Yeah Goodesy's last month of footy was huuuge. If he can stay injury free he's yet another weapon for us, after missing games through injury and playing injured and out of form for a lot of the year. I also think ( apart from our young to mid age players) we can look forward to the upside left in Pyke. At the rate this guy is improving he'll be In the AA squad for 2014. His grand final was immense, can't wait to see what new tricks he's learnt next year!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Haven't really thought about next season yet, still loving 2012. I just hope if we do happen to get the chance to go back-to-back, we actually grab it, this time!!

I think it will have to be the all Canadian squad for Myke and by my reckoning he should be captain/coach.

I agree totally though, I have always been a fan and he just keep on improving.

On the others there are great things to come and it is always a guess who will step up, but I think with the form he displayed late in the year in the 2's and another pre-season Lamb will be really ready to make a big contribution next year. The only problem is with a premiership list and others who also look promising where do you fit them in. Without to much injury (fingers crossed) the selectors are going to have some tough decisions to make

Re: Excited!

There's a reason (apart from that incredible Lions side) why its so hard to go back to back. All premierships are a combination of skill and luck. Luck with injuries, luck with the bounce of the ball and luck that an opposition key forward couldn't hit water from a boat with a set shot. All the planets must align for a shot at the title. Having said that there's only 1 club in the whole competition that is capable of going back to back next year.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    There's a reason (apart from that incredible Lions side) why its so hard to go back to back. All premierships are a combination of skill and luck. Luck with injuries, luck with the bounce of the ball and luck that an opposition key forward couldn't hit water from a boat with a set shot. All the planets must align for a shot at the title. Having said that there's only 1 club in the whole competition that is capable of going back to back next year.
    I'm glad you didn't pose that question on Big Footy. Could have resulted in a 1000 post answer.

I can't see how Geelong can do it though.........
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Trying to go 'back to back' will be exciting for the current group of players - as it was for the 2005 team to so nearly achieve in 2006. And it has been for some teams such as Brisbane, Geelong and even Hawthorn. But those teams have been substantially built around the same playing group.

The most impressive thing to me is generating this opportunity after the 2005 and 2006 era, with a majority of new team members.

I cannot find my 2006 Grand Final programme, but using the Round 1, 2007 programme; of the players in the 2012 Premiership team

* 4 players were in the 2005 Premiers team: Bolton, Goodes, O'Keefe and LRT

* 4 players were listed: Grundy, Malceski, McVeigh and Richards

* 2 players were rookie listed: Jack and Smith

( and the only one further name from our list in 2007 who is still listed is Jesse White)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast