Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rookie draft / pre-season draft

Rookie draft / pre-season draft

Looks like all my dreams for the rookie draft might be coming true

"Meanwhile, Sydney has invited the younger brothers of Kieren Jack and Ted Richards to pre-season training, with the pair possible considerations for the December 11 rookie draft."
    Ex-Bomber Prismall trains with Port Adelaide

Anyone have any best case scenarios for the rookie draft / pre season draft? Other than Tippett obviously, I think that's being covered on another thread :P

Some of the players I think are worth looking at - potentially, probably worthless, but since this is my first thread I need it to at least say one reply - are;
    Dean Polo (Saints) - I know he has had some issues, and didn't look good this year, but he undoubtably has the ability to play and play well.
    Cruize Garlett (Kangas) - Apparently he can play, I've never noticed him, but I've heard the name.
    Andrew Hooper (Dogs) - Some might not have noticed him / remembered him, but i sa his first game (against us in a final I believe) and I remember thinking he looked more like a Swan than a Bulldog.
    Cameron Wood (Pies) - Big, useless lump for a lot of games, but if you can fix the "useless" then you basically have Shane Mumford, and if we can teach a canadian rugby player to ruck, surely we can teach a first round draft pick (who was also traded for a first round pick later, he must have some potential in there).
    Kyle Reimers (Dons) - I know, I know, he seems like a nob and we have a policy about that, but last year we would probably have said that about Morton too...
    Matthew Bate (Dees) - It's never really clicked, but I can't help being a fan of the Master, he has the potential to be such a difficult matchup
    Jacob Surjan (Power) - Obviously a depth player, but he can play at the standard needed, and he's cheap.
    Justin Sherman (Dogs) - See Kyle Reimers / Moton

Will be happy to see us rookie Brandon. As an Academy player and passed on in the ND, I believe he can simply be added to our rookie list. Not sure A or B list.

We really don't have any particular needs, except perhaps for a big KPD that may have been passed up in he ND, like Rhoda or Harley Walshe. But I don't know if they are any good. If they were, I suppose they would have been drafted. We also should look at a young ruckman to develop: Maybe Naismith, who played a few games in the ressies.

Wouldn't mind taking a chance on Immanual Irra, the Ugandan. Has the tools, but don't know about the commitment. Maybe a few more risks can be taken for the rookie list than were taken for the main list. I would think someone will take Dayle Garlett as a rookie.

yessssssssssssssssss! welcome brando jack!
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Wouldn't mind taking a chance on Immanual Irra, the Ugandan. Has the tools, but don't know about the commitment.
    Trying to emulate the 1930s foreign legion recruiting model on an international scale? Starling, Pyke, Walsh etc

Quote Originally Posted by ned View Post

"Meanwhile, Sydney has invited the younger brothers of Kieren Jack and Ted Richards to pre-season training, with the pair possible considerations for the December 11 rookie draft."
    Hmmm while I hope they are great Swans, some of our sibling listed players have been fizzers ...
    Mark Bayes' brother (barely any reserves games)
    Trevor Mitchell (brother of Barry, ditto)
    Ricky O'Loughlin (Magic's younger brother - no games after a few with the Crows)

& from other clubs
    Max Ottens (brother of Crow Andy ... not a peep)
    Simon Aitkins' (of Bulldogs fame) twin brother Paul (of Swans infamy)
    Justin Crawford (never got out from Hawk Shane's shadow)
    Tony Malakelis (not a bit of Geelongs' Spiro)
    Gary Stevens (not quite the calibre of North's Anthony)

The Selwoods and the Danihers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Selwoods and the Danihers.
    Closer to home...Reid and Shaw...duh!!!!! Such negativity!!!! I'm guessing both Younger Richards and Jack are late developers....I can feel it in my waters
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I really want us to take a chance at Aliir Aliir not only for the name but for that Leap!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Goes up to 11
    I think we'll put Naismith on the Rookie List perhaps? 208cm lads don't grow on trees....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think we'll put Naismith on the Rookie List perhaps? 208cm lads don't grow on trees....
    They are trees.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    Am I correct in understanding we have three main list places and three Category A Rookie places available.

Obviously Tippett will take one main list place if we can snare him but not sure we'll grab anyone else in the PSD unless there's the feeling we need some experienced depth just in case injuries aren't kind in 2013. So if the main list is two short, can we take two more Category A rookies?

Brandon Jack is a must just on pedigree and looks to have some real positives about him. Without seeing him, a 208cm ruckman who showed promise in the ressies is worth a look.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast