Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many games for Armstrong in 2013?

Blog Entries

How many games for Armstrong in 2013?

Missing out on Grand Final glory has made Sydney Swans defender Tony Armstrong determined to make his mark in 2013.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...1/default.aspx

How many games for Armstrong in 2013?

He needs to work on his spatial awareness. He got caught from behind holding the ball quite a few times last season, gave me palpitations!

But I do like the cut of his gib so I hope he breaks through in time.

5 games for 2013.

Bit of a fan. He was fantastic against Essendon and I thought he was pretty good against Geelong when he was a late inclusion.

I'll say 17.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Depends where they play him. If it is off half back then maybe not many. He appears to be too small for that position. Maybe to cover an injured Smith.

I don't know where else he fits in unless he is able to play a similar role to Jetta.

On the Rookie List
    He is a good player but not top 22 yet.His opportunities will come from injuries to the top 22 and he will need to do well to retain his place.

He is up against other small and midsize defenders, such as Smith, Shaw, Mattner and Melco.

To get 10 or more games, he will need to take over from one of those players in the best 22. I just can't see that happening in 2013.

2014 could be his year.

Senior Player
    I think he eclipses Melcho over the course of 2013, actually. So I'll say about 15 games.

8 games - 2 as reserve

Rod_

(Just so I am on record)

I'm going for 12 due to injuries in the back line. He will give us that continuity needed for a premiership.

Can't believe I just posted those words...me..the eternal pessimist.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Unfortunatly for Armstrong, we have the hardest defence to break into so that will limit his games. On the other hand, fortunately for Armstrong he played pretty well more up the ground this year, he played on the wing and did pretty good, also kicked a couple of goals. Unfortunately for Armstrong is that we have other midfielders such as Tom Mitchell who will most likely be better and stronger in the midfield.
    Armstrong is running around with Kieran Jack at preseason so that will improve his fitness.
    I think he will play a number of games due to injuries and he may also start as a sub for other games. I like him, I see some real potential, pretty quick and a good user of the ball.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    I think he eclipses Melcho over the course of 2013, actually. So I'll say about 15 games.
    You have to be kidding - Mal is the best kick in the side and is finaly doing more 1% and getting his head over the ball

Armstrong is flashy and a " lurker" who gets cheap possessions off half back .Reminds me of Jason Gram (on field)

Needs to be operated on in the off season by Dr Christian Barnard. Get your head over the ball then maybe

Sure Jetstar isn't "in and under" but he is totally unique and a proven matchwinner

Armstrong is a "downhill skier" - looks good when we are going well. When we are not doing well he takes "short steps"

Rohan, McGlynn, Walsh and many others (including the new boys) are way before him
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

Senior Player
    I'm sort of assuming Melcho declines quite a bit as well. Hope I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast