Thread: getting to know Deano !

getting to know Deano !

SwansTV: Dean Towers: Season Review - sydneyswans.com.au

At first i thought he was nervous on the video and then his dry wit emerged near the end with a classic line and a cheeky smile

"Yeah.....im heading away with the boys then Ill be back and running laps around the park" !

very funny

so Membrey went and we kept to athletic 189cm players in Deano and Rohan who can play forward, wide or backs

I wonder where Dean is at ? a lot of supporters on this site dont see enough in Deano to warrant Snr football week in week out...........I am 50/50.......Im really intrigued what happens for Dean in his first year of his 2 year extended contract.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

IMHO Dean is kind of this current crops Dale Lewis. But not as good. He has not inspired me to write a fan letter yet. So to speak.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I'm not the hugest fan, but he reminds me a little of Tadhg Kennelly, particularly early in his career when he gave me plenty of heart in mouth moments with his run and carry.

I am a fan. I think he has all the right moves. just needs to put them together. When he does I think he will pretty good.

I'll win you all over yet.

Word from my trainer mate is he is fastest in the club at the repeat sprints (20-40-60-80-100-80-60-40-20). Suggests good speed and endurance. Just needs to settle into the team?

mariachi

my guess is that Deano needs to find a role that the Coaches believe is required

Dean certainly has the physical attributes and appears to be adjusting to the simplicity of the roles put before him...........maybe not as expected by some supporters but for me he has adjusted and has played the role demanded

The Swans tend to set the structure then find the players that can play the role required.............at this stage Adam Goodes as described by himself is playing the small forward role
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Reid is playing Dean's role, which is another good reason to play Sam in defence. Dean will be 25 next year. It's time for him to become a regular in the side if he's going to make it in the big time. It seems apparent now that the footy department believes Dean is a better prospect than Membrey, and they must have confidence in him or they would have tried harder to keep Membrey. Only time will tell; and it will be interesting to see how the team sets up next season.