Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team 2013

Quote Originally Posted by swans32 View Post
    Rohan in for Morton and I think you would find LRT may just nudge out pyke
    no doubt........we just need to micro manage Gazza.........he will be lucky to be ready come the second half of the season let alone the first half.

We have enough talent without pushing Gaz......I want Gaz right for 2014-15-16-17-18-19-00 onwards

Towers looks like he could play the role that Gaz was given quite easily.......he is very very quick and can easily chase down any fast HBF like Gaz's role in Seniors.

Lambie looks like he would be a fair contender for that role also

Morton and Rohan had their role very much simplified in 2012
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player

Re: Team 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    Young Swans: no older than 26

Parker. Tippett. Bird
    Membury Reid. Rohan

Jetta. Mitchell Hannes.

AJ. Grundy. Towers
    Smith. Lockyer Armstrong

Mummy. JPK. Jack

Pyke. Morton. Lamb
    Cunningham

Excludes:
    Goodes. 33
    ROK 31
    LRT. 29
    Ted. 30
    Shaw. 31
    Mal. 28
    Mattner. 30
    McV. 27
    Bolton. 32
    Mcglynn. 27
    How old is Pyke?

Team 2013

Canadians age differently, 28-29 for them is like 24-25 for us.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Here is a team for 2013, taking into account potential improvement in some players and the natural attrition (due to age/injury) of others.

Goodes, Tippett, McGlynn
    Rohan, Reid, Lamb
    Jetta, Kennedy, Hanners
    Shaw, Grundy, Mattner
    Johnson, Richards, Smith

Mumford, ROK, Jack

Bench: LRT, Parker, Mitchell, Macca

Other players
    Jude - love him, but have a feeling age/injury may creep up on him. I hope not and he can take Mitchell's spot if form is good.
    Mike - I couldn't put Mumford, Pyke, Tippett, LRT in the same side. Happy for Mike to replace any of these if form warrants it.
    Morton - Loses his spot due to improvement of Lamb, Mitchell and Rohan.
    Mal - Will be thereabouts.
    Bird - Very underrated player and will more than likely be ahead of Lamf & Mitchell, so don't know why I'm leaving him out.

The majority of other players on our list would be in the best 25 of at least 8 others sides, so they are stiff.

Have hopes for Towers and Membrey, so will be interesting to see how they go.
    One thing as a side effect of winning a GF is that you see who comes good under the most intense pressure imaginable.These are the players who will win you another GF. GF heroes like Malceski whose amazing 2 goals made all the difference,Mike Pyke who proved the knockers wrong and Morton showing how to crumb and kick straight.You don't go up to these guys and say "Sorry your dropped coz we think Lamb,Rohan,Mitchell etc have more potential. "

I believe the selectors know this and players like Mal, LRT, Jude, Morton ,Bird will be the first ones picked thank goodness!The rest have to wait for an injury or fight their way back through outstanding form.The Premiership heroes will have a Gold Pass for quite some time.

Goes up to 11
    I wonder how long it'll take for the old 'premiership credits' argument to pop up in discussion of whether to drop player x due to poor form...

pkye and mummy fighting it out for 1 st ruck. Pyke may be ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    no doubt........we just need to micro manage Gazza.........he will be lucky to be ready come the second half of the season let alone the first half.

We have enough talent without pushing Gaz......I want Gaz right for 2014-15-16-17-18-19-00 onwards

Towers looks like he could play the role that Gaz was given quite easily.......he is very very quick and can easily chase down any fast HBF like Gaz's role in Seniors.

Lambie looks like he would be a fair contender for that role also

Morton and Rohan had their role very much simplified in 2012
    Agreed. I don't think we'll see much of Gaz in the firsts in 2013.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    With KT holding nearly 10% of the budget - better kick some goals IMO!

Rod_
    Kick and create goals would probably be more accurate. He'll provide an imposing target for us and will take the best defender. That'll bring the rest of the forwards into play.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Good thread and some good replies. I do like the look of the side post veterans retirements, gives me real confidence about the next few years.

The overall list looks very strong, late season 2013 we'll be starting to look at the list changes in readiness for the drafts. I wonder how many retirements there will be ? Who may not have progressed enough to keep their place on the list? Who will we draft with pick 18?

Already got my mind ticking over and it's not even Xmas yet!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I wonder how long it'll take for the old 'premiership credits' argument to pop up in discussion of whether to drop player x due to poor form...
    Premiership credits will last a while in 2013, how long they last for an out of form player will very much depend on whether anyone is burning it up in the ressies. Wondering if we might do a bit of resting of veterans ala Geelong 2011 if we do have a good depth of reserves.

I'm hoping that a number of ressies players are burning it up, Mitchell, Lamb, Lockyer, Membrey, Towers etc would be very satisfying. The ressies should be really strong next year

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A few things - we had an extraordinary run in 2012 with injuries (bar Rohan, and the last sad glitch for McGlynn) so we'll need the depth.

But I wouldnt be expecting to see too much of Red Rooster in 2013.

Also, a little birdie tells me young Mitchell is still rarely on the training track and keeps have issues with his body. They reckon he'll grow out of it but right now, a fair way off having a sustained crack at it.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Also, a little birdie tells me young Mitchell is still rarely on the training track and keeps have issues with his body. They reckon he'll grow out of it but right now, a fair way off having a sustained crack at it.
    That's a bummer to hear, but I'm sure we can wait. It'd be good to see Tom get at least a taste of the action next year, but if they need to give him time to get his body right, so be it. We're talking about a long-term player here if it all comes together for him....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast