Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This years big thing - Who will it be? Rookie or other

This years big thing - Who will it be? Rookie or other

Harry Cunningham and Jed Lamb are high on the list, however who do we think will be the rookie that stars in 2013?

At some point we should see Tom Mitchell. However is there any one else that will come along and shine...?

Will there be a rookie that stands out. Can little spider make it? Is our Irish forward going to start in the first 11 weeks? or can Jesse white show us some hardened skills?

My vote is for Dean Towers - mature age, hard bodied and could make an impact straight away.. Rough chance however a start to the off season banter.

Your selection please.

Rod_

PS Happy 2013 Swans fans!

I'm thinkin Towers to. There's something about him. Also I have great faith in young Spider. Reckon he'll cut loose this year. Then again, I've been wrong before. Never gave them a chance at taking home the silverware last year. Go figure
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

hhhmmmm dean towers might also be groomed for the Shaw or Malceski role in the future.........fighting it out with the Armstrong or cuningham for the fairly loose two HBF roles.......but more like 2014 for me on that one..............but agree Towers could be a bolter from the bench and especially if there is an injury on the flanks Back or Forward or Middle.......he does have that bit of Kennelly about him !

remembering McGlynn was out of the GF so 23 have to fit into 22 !

I have to say in the context of being a bolter selection ...........Morton is my pick for 2013 !!!!

I just have that deep gut feeling that Mitch has turned a massive psychological corner.........this guy will bring his rookie flare combined with his new found Swans man on man accountability when attack turns into defence. He also has a head start on Rohan not being in the team for the first 10 rounds or more.

Mitch has finally understood the concept of playing your role and we could see the greatest example with him looking to offload in the GF twice instead of going for home which was always his go. Goodes yelling at him take it home and he nails a Goal !!!!

lets be honest the guy is all class in ability and if it wasnt for his head/attitude he could have been your 40 to 50 goals game small forward for many seasons in the past.

Morton could quite easily become that loose target that is a nightmare to match up on and he could also easily score 40 plus goals for us per season ~

Imagine he and Jetts combining at that next level and McGlynn leading hard as he does to the goal square one on one.

fair dinkum if the southern states of Aust dont realise how much we have to offer in 2013 they have rocks in their heads !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Sam Reid.

Senior Player
    Rampe and Biggs were 3rd and 7th in the 3km time trial today. So them. Or not.

I think this is the best Swans team I've ever seen. Hard to pick big upcoming improvements out of it without feeling greedy.

After seeing all those shirtless runners the answer is obviouse. The next big thing is Tippett. I meantersay, the size of him!

Hanners is right up there to climb up the B &F ladder though.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Was impressed with Parker coming in just behind Jude in the 3 km today. For someone of his bulk, it showed that he is determined not to warm the bench this year. I think he's ready for a big season. Can't say enough about Hanners. The number of contests he gets to, especially in the finals. Now he seems to be alone at the head of the pack. He will have a massive year. It will be interesting to see if Dane Rampe has the skill set to match what looks like a good combo of strength, speed and fitness. Even without Tippett, Rohan and Mitchell ready for the early part of the season, the competition for spots looks fierce.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Was impressed with Parker coming in just behind Jude in the 3 km today. For someone of his bulk, it showed that he is determined not to warm the bench this year. I think he's ready for a big season. Can't say enough about Hanners. The number of contests he gets to, especially in the finals. Now he seems to be alone at the head of the pack. He will have a massive year. It will be interesting to see if Dane Rampe has the skill set to match what looks like a good combo of strength, speed and fitness. Even without Tippett, Rohan and Mitchell ready for the early part of the season, the competition for spots looks fierce.
    You would get good odds to pick the Swan's 22 leading into September of this year. Personally, I think Horse will be the story this year - he has the cattle to have a real tilt.

This years big thing - Who will it be? Rookie or other

Hannerberrys brownlow odds are upto 200$ with some agencies. Even for the non punters, that's gotta be worth a little flutter. If his grand final is anything to go by, he's in for a big year. JPK is at 20's too for those interested.

Parker......

As I also agree with the potential of all players mentioned in other posts so far in this thread it seems crazy that there is so much potential at a premiership winning club. Bring on round 1.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Parker.....with Cunningham my bolter.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Hannerberrys brownlow odds are upto 200$ with some agencies. Even for the non punters, that's gotta be worth a little flutter. If his grand final is anything to go by, he's in for a big year. JPK is at 20's too for those interested.
    I don't think I have placed a bet in my life. But.... well I just might give it a go.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast