Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tom mitchell

tom mitchell

any news on how his pre-season is going ?

There has been ominous quiet. I think I may have caught a glimpse of him in the background of one of the Christmas wishes in the video on the Swans website, but that's about it.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Senior Player
    I've tweeted at the club asking the question.

He better pick up his act.....otherwise he wont get a game in our best 22!

He wouldn't be 19 yet would he? Such a natural, but they don't usually feature for a couple of years, unless you are a Hanners, Sammy or AJ, plus Luke of course. Each body is different (witness said grouping) so we just don't know how all the pieces fit in. Would like to see him on the track though, but as they are all still on a break (back this week aren't they?) I am not so very surprised not to see him featured at this stage.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    He wouldn't be 19 yet would he? Such a natural, but they don't usually feature for a couple of years, unless you are a Hanners, Sammy or AJ, plus Luke of course. Each body is different (witness said grouping) so we just don't know how all the pieces fit in. Would like to see him on the track though, but as they are all still on a break (back this week aren't they?) I am not so very surprised not to see him featured at this stage.
    He was running before xmas, but I dont think he was in skills. I'll prob go to training tmw so will ask around and report back.

He's year in the u18's was curtailed by injury to a great extent as was his first year at the Swans. He's had a fair few operations for a young bloke and I suspect the club are taking a very cautious approach, as they should.

As good as we hope and think he will be, we are tracking very nicely for his type and another year getting his body right won't hurt him or us long term one little bit.

It may be simplistic, but Parks is now set to step in with Jude winding down and in 2014 hopefully Mitchell can perform a similar role Parks played last year if we can squeeze an extra year out of ROK.

It's frustrating, but he's too good to rush...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

agree triple

I too think that Parks and Mitchell will most likely take over ROK and Judes roles in the near future

my guess as this stage is Rok may have a few more years left in him.......he looks stronger then ever

I think his role is so simple these days and he executes it. I do not like his role of pick it up and kick it forward but these days we need some predictability for our players to flood forward on and the role he has has worked well for the team. His defence and intensity to win the ball has been an evolution that he should be proud of. He has evolved from a strong leading small forward to quite a dominant midfielder

But I wouldnt be surprised to see Macca move into one the roles that ROK or Jude plays as we have some flank depth now and with Lambie, Rohan, Cunnigham and others pushing for flank possies a couple of our guys who have played with my outside space may be asked to move closer to the action as their leg speed is no where near some of the young guys placing pressure to squeeze into the 22
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Royboy42...where is your training report???? Have been waiting for it all morning...the off-season is driving me crazy!!!!!!!
    Was Mitchell there? Has he a siily haircut? Has he tattoos? Anything RB42......I'm dying here
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Royboy42...where is your training report???? Have been waiting for it all morning...the off-season is driving me crazy!!!!!!!
    Was Mitchell there? Has he a siily haircut? Has he tattoos? Anything RB42......I'm dying here
    Yep, he was there doing laps. Not real fast laps but quite a few of them. In fact, it was very similar to his ending of last season.Didn't participate in the skills at all.

There is chat of some sort of tendonitis, but this was just from spectators like me..mention made of similar knee problem to MOL, and we seemed to manage that one ok. But I have to say that is not from any club source as far as i know.

He ran without effort or limp, but dis point to his knee a few times when talking to officials after.

Methinks the talk of bringing him along slowly and steadily may be spot on!

Senior Player
    Other training observations.

Pike and Sam Reid opposed each other in quite a few two out marking contests. Pikey is so much more of a footballer than two years ago..quite remarkable. More than held his own.

Jets had a few snaps from various crazy angles; no wonder he pots so many during the year. Never stops practising them.

Oh, and last bit not least, Goodesy was doing laps ..first time I've seen him outdoors this preseason..good solid laps too, but nowhere near full speed. Had it not been a Grandy, I reckon he would have been straight to the bench in that last game in September..loked like a 3 month or kmore injury, and so it
    s proved.

Chops keeps producing..I thought he impressed towards the end of 2012, and his training so far looks solid.

The reliables were all doing their thing as always..Shaw encouraging and cajoling, Mal showing the odd turn of speed and his impeccable disposal was on full show today. Ted seems to be back at just about 100%..he participated in everything today at full throttle.

Our Adelaide pickup spent most of the session shooting at goal..it's going to be interesting to see how we handle his training this year considering his later start to playing. But I will tell you folks, he is a BIG mobile unit.

Any queries just ask,,but remember these are my own observations and i sometimes have a red and white bias..

tom mitchell

Cheers for the update Royboy !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast