Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolton to be subbed

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

Bolton to be subbed

When it comes to vests, he clearly isn't keen on green, but is clearly expecting some red vests.
    http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...ans-rotations/
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Blog Entries
    No surprise there.
    Especially, if the knee is not 100%.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know it was hard for Bolts to pull the pin on his career however I have the strong feeling it would have been the smart and perfect timing for him. It's not a good look seeing club champions being rested, sitting on the bench..and god forbid...the reserves. Iagree with the club to leave the decision to Bolts after the career that he has had.

you come into Seniors at the bottom of the list

there is no reason you should leave at the top

sounds like a reason for divorce

its a long time retired and if you feel you have the fire and will do more then contribute then "play on".........surprise yourself and you might surprise some others
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    We won't drop him to the reserves on form. His body will physically give out and force his retirement. Whether that means a period of vest wearing or his knee just flat-out goes, I'm not sure. But his career will end with injury, that seems pretty much inevitable.

I don't even think it's sad, it's just the nature of Jude Bolton and if he's choosing to play on with half an ACL, he's knowingly taking on this risk.

Goes up to 11
    Regardless of what happens on the field, Jude will be wonderfully valuable to our young developing midfielders this year...

On the Rookie List
    For a player to achieve 300+ games and win 2 Premiership medallions and to be widely respected for his courage and fair play is about the best you can do as an AFL footballer. What else is left to achieve? It must have been tempting to retire after the GF and go out on an enormous high with a body not totally destroyed through years of collisions and a face that doesn't look like a boxers.We also have good replacements for him now in Parker and Kennedy. I hope Jude has made the right decision to play on as its his call.I would hate to see him cop criticism here or in the media for below par performances and I winced when BT(I think) calling the GF said he was barely sighted in the GF. He doesn't deserve that kind of end.We have recently seen the Australian Cricket Captain retire after one season too many playing and missing a slow ball dead on middle stump that any schoolboy could have blocked then embarassingly calling for a video review!!!! yes it was middle stump 1/2 way up...not a good way to go!Lets hope Jude recovers from his injuries and has a great 2013 as we go back to back!

I remember thinking Kirk would have added extraordinary value leading the 2's in his last year (as I recall he struggled to last out games).

Not suggesting it (yet), but it does lead me to wonder who will replace Moore this year. The Ressie watchers were usually complimentary about his ability to bring structure and roles to the team performance.

It must be valuable to have that on field leadership, particularly for ensuring the backup players remain focussed on the roles they might have to fill in the 1's if called up. Would Morton have been successful if he had been allowed to 'just' score all those goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I remember thinking Kirk would have added extraordinary value leading the 2's in his last year (as I recall he struggled to last out games).

Not suggesting it (yet), but it does lead me to wonder who will replace Moore this year. The Ressie watchers were usually complimentary about his ability to bring structure and roles to the team performance.

It must be valuable to have that on field leadership, particularly for ensuring the backup players remain focussed on the roles they might have to fill in the 1's if called up. Would Morton have been successful if he had been allowed to 'just' score all those goals?
    Not just valuable but invaluable. On-field leadership is paramount to good decision making and structure. I think Bulldog will be sorely missed unless they have someone to replace him. We have a few future leaders at the club such as Parker, Jack, Hannas, AJ etc but we seem this coming season to be without a reserves leader but someone will turn up they always do.

So who will it be?

White?

Bolton to be subbed

Bolton had a very good year. It's not as though he had a shocker last year and is squeezing every last drop out of himself, give him some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    For a player to achieve 300+ games and win 2 Premiership medallions and to be widely respected for his courage and fair play is about the best you can do as an AFL footballer. What else is left to achieve? It must have been tempting to retire after the GF and go out on an enormous high with a body not totally destroyed through years of collisions and a face that doesn't look like a boxers.We also have good replacements for him now in Parker and Kennedy. I hope Jude has made the right decision to play on as its his call.I would hate to see him cop criticism here or in the media for below par performances and I winced when BT(I think) calling the GF said he was barely sighted in the GF. He doesn't deserve that kind of end.We have recently seen the Australian Cricket Captain retire after one season too many playing and missing a slow ball dead on middle stump that any schoolboy could have blocked then embarassingly calling for a video review!!!! yes it was middle stump 1/2 way up...not a good way to go!Lets hope Jude recovers from his injuries and has a great 2013 as we go back to back!
    Surely you don't give credence to anything that idiot says.......Mike Pyke spring to mind. Taylor suffers from opening his mouth before engaging his brain syndrome.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast