Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Score Board Pressure!!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin Maskell View Post
    Terrific photo and good yarns about the press box scoreboard at Lakeside Oval. The photo (thanks Doctor J) appears to be from a 1979 game against Fitzroy. Can anyone identify the big Swan on the right-hand side? Is it Roundy? And let me know if anyone tracks down a photo of the main scoreboard. I'm looking forward to, in a few weeks' time, featuring Lakeside Oval on my little site, Scoreboard Pressure. Thanks again.
    Certainly is Barry Round.....no neck is a give away!

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    aaah...great memories!
    Baskin, is this the old scoreboard you meant? I can recall the main scoreboard being in the forward pocket diagonally opposite the member's stand at the opposite end. I keep dreaming if I had a few million in the 1970's what I would have done in helping South Melb invest in the ground, facilities and players. Who you know mattered...just ask the North Melb officials!
    Mighty Bloods, I don't think it matters which scoreboard, although if we could find photos of both of them Vin would be very happy. I have memories of both scoreboards but this smaller one is the one we used to look at from our regular standing spot at the ground. It also housed the time keepers, who used to ring a bell out the window before the horn/siren was introduced. (I'm showing my age here!)

That is the one I was thinking of. I do remember Little River Band making an appearance above that scoreboard one day somewhere between 1977 and 1980.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    That is the one I was thinking of. I do remember Little River Band making an appearance above that scoreboard one day somewhere between 1977 and 1980.
    "Hang on, help is on it's way..."

Would have been a pretty suitable theme song in those days, even if the help didn't arrive for many years after.

Not even going near 'Lonesome loser'...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Little River Band with Glenn Shorrack regular as clockwork used to play at the ground a lot of Sunday mornings after training. It was run by Ron Clegg and was called Smokeys Sunday Sippers. A social and fund raising activity.

I've really enjoyed these memories of the Lake Oval scoreboards. Who'd have thought LRB (as opposed to LRT) would have been part of Lake Oval history?

I've put together a post/page about the v-shape scoreboard on my little site, Scoreboard Pressure. It includes the pic from 1979 and some comments from this forum. Take a look if you wish.

Many thanks.

Vin Maskell

Blog Entries
    Sites coming along nicely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Maskell View Post
    I've really enjoyed these memories of the Lake Oval scoreboards. Who'd have thought LRB (as opposed to LRT) would have been part of Lake Oval history?

I've put together a post/page about the v-shape scoreboard on my little site, Scoreboard Pressure. It includes the pic from 1979 and some comments from this forum. Take a look if you wish

Many thanks.

Vin Maskell
    Good work Vin, great to see the Lake Oval get a write up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12