Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This years big thing - Who will it be? Rookie or other

Just wild about Harry
    Agree with the sentiments above, but would like to see what Membury has to offer. If the cards fall his way, maybe he will surprise a few.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Rampe and Biggs were 3rd and 7th in the 3km time trial today. So them. Or not.

I think this is the best Swans team I've ever seen. Hard to pick big upcoming improvements out of it without feeling greedy.
    I agree R-1 I think this list is a very good list. We have taken players in the last three drafts that according to experts should have gone far earlier than they did allowing us to take them. We have managed to swoop on lads like AJ at 70ish because Kinnear Beatson is a genius at knowing when to swoop and on who. He is very organised and so we get what we want in personnel. Our depth at this time is looking like the stuff Geelong, Brisbane, Hawks and Essendon had when they had their big eras. I particularly like the fact we have managed to get a few local boys such as Naismith and Jack as Rookies. Big Sam will be a very good ruckman soon I think because the lad listens and does what he is told to the letter. He reminds me of Jason Ball in that his taps are very accurate but he is taller and more mobile than Jason.

Apparently Jed Lamb is training up a storm so he could be a smokie.

Veteran Site Admin
    Cunningham for me. Love his pace and his booming kick, and he seems to have good football intuition. We've added some genuine pace to the team recently but our centre square set up is still a little slow. Goodes adds some explosiveness when he plays in the middle, and Jack has pace, but the rest lack a little in that department. We probably won't see Harry starting at centre square bounces in the next year or two but I think he could land up there in time.

Opti-pessi-misti
    AJ's game in the GF made made a few people sit up and take notice, Brucie for one. For a backman his endurance running in the preseason is very impressive and he appears to be a very determined and confident individual, not at all fazed by the big stage. He could easily be up there with Hanners as a star of the near future.

Jed Lamb....Every swans player interviewed about who has impressed this off season, have talked Lamb up.....they should know.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    Parker......

As I also agree with the potential of all players mentioned in other posts so far in this thread it seems crazy that there is so much potential at a premiership winning club. Bring on round 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Parker.....with Cunningham my bolter.
    Imagine a fit Parker in the centre with Kennedy.
    I'd feel sorry for the opposition guys.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    AJ's game in the GF made made a few people sit up and take notice, Brucie for one. For a backman his endurance running in the preseason is very impressive and he appears to be a very determined and confident individual, not at all fazed by the big stage. He could easily be up there with Hanners as a star of the near future.
    Rewatching each game of 2012, round by round. In the game against Bulldogs (round 11 I think) Bruce asks the question: are the Swans just making up the numbers or are they serious contenders? (we ended up winning by nearly 100 points). NFI.

Each game I watch I can't help thinking what premiership contenders they are!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Imagine a fit Parker in the centre with Kennedy.
    I'd feel sorry for the opposition guys.
    Thinking the same thing. Looking at the training photos of Parker, he almost makes Joey look slim. Add ROK to the mix and that's a lot of beef around the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Was impressed with Parker coming in just behind Jude in the 3 km today..

hi Ludwig you wouldnt know the top ten in rough order would you?

I have always been surprised that Keiran wasnt higher up the list considering in games situations he seems to run more yards then anyone
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

found it !
    3km Top Ten:
    Dan Hannebery,
    Alex Johnson,
    Dane Rampe,
    Ryan O?Keefe,
    Jarrad McVeigh,
    Craig Bird,
    Shane Biggs,
    Tony Armstrong, - the quiet achiever !!!!
    Jude Bolton,
    Luke Parker
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Jed Lamb....Every swans player interviewed about who has impressed this off season, have talked Lamb up.....they should know.
    Big Mummy talked Jed up big time when I was lucky enough to meet him and chat with him last year. 'Could be anything' or words to that extent were used.....

Having seen Mitchell play a few times over the last couple of years, I'm convinced that he'll make it and be a very important 10+ year player for us. However we do have kind of the luxury of being so strong at the moment that, injuries permitting (touch wood), we don't have to rush youngsters in. Especially someone like Mitchell who seems to need a bit of time to get his body right.

BTW I am considering Hanners as a smoky for my AFL Fantasy team this year. I can see him racking up the possessions in 2013....

Veterans List
    Never have Swans players in your fantasy team - it's the Kiss of Death!

The trick this year without GCS and GWS to plunder will be to find the cheap players who will get game time. That's the only thing the NAB Cup is useful for :-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast