Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This years big thing - Who will it be? Rookie or other

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I don't think I have placed a bet in my life. But.... well I just might give it a go.
    I bet you have. Melbourne Cup sweep? Goodes for Brownlow?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Never have Swans players in your fantasy team - it's the Kiss of Death!

The trick this year without GCS and GWS to plunder will be to find the cheap players who will get game time. That's the only thing the NAB Cup is useful for :-)
    Nah I think we have a few fantasy-relevant people nowadays - inc JPK. Has anyone mentioned lately that we're the Premiers? Although I did pick Mummy in my rucks at the start of last year - that backfired when he went down with injury

I'll certainly keep an eye on Mitchell if he gets a run through the season as he knows how to he his hands on the ball and can lay a few tackles too.....

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Nah I think we have a few fantasy-relevant people nowadays - inc JPK.
    Hmmm - I think some of the women in here will agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Thinking the same thing. Looking at the training photos of Parker, he almost makes Joey look slim. Add ROK to the mix and that's a lot of beef around the ball.
    Saw Parker at a Celebrity swim/board race at Freshwater Sydney about mid Dec12. Looked like he had muscles in his dandruff. That is, he looked very, very fit. Separately, those relatively long arms seem an advantage for some very good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I bet you have. Melbourne Cup sweep? Goodes for Brownlow?
    Sweeps are not bets; according to the nuns at my convent where we had Cup sweeps from grade 2. And no, nothing at a betting agency at all.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Hmmm - I think some of the women in here will agree with you.
    Not wrong Narelle. Its been a feast of fantasy and sheer admiration for the works in progress being done on my behalf. I take it personally.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Sweeps are not bets; according to the nuns at my convent where we had Cup sweeps from grade 2. And no, nothing at a betting agency at all.
    I mainly wanted to say "I bet", but what about that nice, ubiquitous Mt Waterhouse who promises to pay you to bet? I don't know how he affords it.

Oh! Primmy the Nuns! Catholics are the biggest gamblers of all. I was brought up Catholic and we were allowed to drink, gamble and dance unlike the Baptists, Methodists and Pentecostals. Most of the Priests and Brothers I knew were either alcoholics or inveterate gamblers.

Veterans List
    Tony Armstrong for me - the more he played, the more comfortable he looked, and he looks to me like a kid who has something to prove.

AJ's final series was something else and he seems to have come back with a great attitude.

probably the big IF is Membrey

Imagine if he gets a shot at NAB Cup as no Tippett and no Goodes most likely...............imagine if he man handles a few young defenders and kicks 3 or 4 goals a game ala Big Guns Bradshaw !!!

interesting !

not beyond possibility as he is a very very strong young lad and kicks a goal on a 5 cent piece
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Tony Armstrong for me - the more he played, the more comfortable he looked, and he looks to me like a kid who has something to prove.

AJ's final series was something else and he seems to have come back with a great attitude.
    Agree Armstrong was the one most likely to step up. There's a lot of competition about - this year he will have to.

It will be exciting if Lamb can live up to expectations.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Never have Swans players in your fantasy team - it's the Kiss of Death!

The trick this year without GCS and GWS to plunder will be to find the cheap players who will get game time. That's the only thing the NAB Cup is useful for :-)
    I had Josh Kennedy this year, that went alright.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast