Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pickups by club

Senior Player
    Schauble from Collingwood. Won a B & F from memory.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    Everett from the Bulldogs - might work out as a key defender.
    AAAaahhhhh Mia Culpa all of us. Drey of course! the bloke who has actually won a few games at the last roll of the dice for us. How could he be left out of the "thank you" club, after all we donated Patty Vespremi to their ranks and I am sure they are loving that!

By the look of Drey in the preseason he looks to be determined he is going to be a fixture in seniors. I mean, have you seen any vision of him recently! right up there. Lots of hard work has gone into the body sculpture.

Actually a lot of hard work has gone into a lot of body sculpturing this season. Must be intimidating for the kiddies.
    Last edited by Primmy; 19th January 2013 at 09:40 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    AAAaahhhhh Mia Culpa all of us. Drey of course! the bloke who has actually won a few games a the last roll of the dice for us. And by the look of him in the preseason has determined he is going to be a fixture in seniors. I mean, have you had a look at him recently! right up there. Lots of hard work has gone into the body sculpture.

Actually a lot of hard work has gone into a lot of body sculpturing this season. Must be intimidating for the kiddies.
    Gee I hope so, there is just something about that kid that I really like.

Its the slow smile isn't it J.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    AAAaahhhhh Mia Culpa all of us. Drey of course! the bloke who has actually won a few games at the last roll of the dice for us. How could he be left out of the "thank you" club, after all we donated Patty Vespremi to their ranks and I am sure they are loving that!

By the look of Drey in the preseason he looks to be determined he is going to be a fixture in seniors. I mean, have you seen any vision of him recently! right up there. Lots of hard work has gone into the body sculpture.

Unfortunately he lacks that "something" that makes a player a permanent fixture in a senior side. Mind you The Dogs would probably like him right now. They have nothing up front.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Toohey come ffrom geelong? he was a good HB

waz
    Don't forget David Bolton too - a bloody good wingman in his time. The original B1.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    How quickly we forget Shannon Grant!
    And deservedly so. A very overrated player in my opinion. Won a Norm Smith in GF number three, but was beyond pathetic in his first and second GFs (for the Swans and Roos respectively). It is because of players like him that I rate LRT so highly - LRT may not have the same silky skills but damn it he produces consistently when the heat is really on. Shagger Grant was basically the opposite - a flat track bully who choked in the heat of battle.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Don't forget David Bolton too - a bloody good wingman in his time. The original B1.
    Bolton was pacy but an ordinary kick and turned it over something shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Bolton was pacy but an ordinary kick and turned it over something shocking.
    A bit harsh. Fearless, tough as hell, great tackle and a magnificent gouger when given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Essendon gave us Derrick Kickett he was 'sort of OK'! They also gave up Neville Fields, Merv Neagle and Peter filandia.
    Took some Danihers & Ben Doolan though

Collingwood gave us Robby Ahmatt & Scott russell
    Len Thompson, Robert Dean, Bill Picken, Michael Lockman & returned Paul Hawke ... doesn't offset taking Teasdale, Greg Smith, Jolly, Licuria, Rocca, Barry Mitchell & even re-drafted Gerard Healy once he retired from injury even though he declared he wouldn't play.

Carlton gave us Vin Catoggio, unfortunately they got Bernie Evans as well as rhyce-jones, Mitchell and Diesel.
    Collingwood took Mitchell, then he went to Carlton ... but they did give us Minten-Connell

The Saints also gave us Roy Cazaley
    Jason Daniels ... but they took Paul Morwood & Silvio Foschini

Not only did Fitzroy give us Roos but also Peter Caven, Darren Kappler & David Strooper
    Don't forget Richard Osborne!

Richmond gave us Francis Jackson and they got John Pitura somewhere along the line. Wrechmond also gave us 'The Whale' and Graeme Teasdale
    Tim Barling & ALMOST Maurice Rioli ... even had a pic of him I'm the Sun in a Swans jumper!

Melbourne gave us a great coach who came from there in Barrassi.
    They gave us the duddest of the Cordiner family David Cordner - to replace Capper as our glam full forward, Kevin Dyson, the more handy of the Healy brothers & another coach called Norm Smith

Norf gave us Shane Zantuck
    Gary Cowton
    Last edited by goswannies; 20th January 2013 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Bulldogs graciously didn't have Sammy's dad play enough games to qualify for father/son.
    Plus we got Sammy's uncle from them & Simon Beasley was a useful administrator for a couple of years

You should get out more GS.

But there are quite a number of "oh forgot them" in your mix. Especially Barrell and Ozzie.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast