Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Worst Umpiring Decision in the History of Football

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Come on look on the bright side, if we had won that qualifying final we would have faced Adelaide in the prelim and given our track record against them at the time, we could have easily lots that game. No Grand Final. No Flag.
    But if we didn't win the 2005 flag, our ruckman would have had a less jolly time over Christmas and would have been a matchwinner in the '06 final.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Come on look on the bright side, if we had won that qualifying final we would have faced Adelaide in the prelim and given our track record against them at the time, we could have easily lots that game. No Grand Final. No Flag.
    I seem to remember that was said in 2012.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    OK. That game at Subi. 2005 QF. I was there and I`ve gotta say I was @@@@@ing pissed off. I was seated on the left forward pocket(as in the Swans last qrt). I didn`t see the Leo/Stenglein one but the ultimate in outrageous umpiring was when Goodesy got legged right in front of me by Wirra. NO free, then a second later Bolts gets done for a high.
    I was totally livid with anger. I was surrounded by Wet Toasters and I must say, they looked a bit sheepish because they new it was a free for Goodes. Plus listen to those bastard commentators. They say something like (Fair call) Give me a @@@@ing break!!!

I found this clip. Must say I`ve never watched that game again so this was the first time I`d seen it since. Very exciting. Clip starts with about 8mins to go in the game.

The crucial part is at 7.45.

Last edited by PerthSwannie; 23rd January 2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Goes up to 11
    Good to see the anger levels are getting back to our normal pre-2012-premiership - cant be resting on our laurels for too long can we

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    OK. That game at Subi. 2005 QF. I was there and I`ve gotta say I was @@@@@ing pissed off. I was seated on the left forward pocket(as in the Swans last qrt). I didn`t see the Leo/Stenglein one but the ultimate in outrageous umpiring was when Goodesy got legged right in front of me by Wirra. NO free, then a second later Bolts gets done for a high.
    I was totally livid with anger. I was surrounded by Wet Toasters and I must say, they looked a bit sheepish because they new it was a free for Goodes. Plus listen to those bastard commentators. They say something like (Fair call) Give me a @@@@ing break!!!
    It's funny what you remember isn't it? Today is the first time I've watched any footage from that game. I still have the brand spanking new DVD in the box set. I must admit I didn't immediately recall the Stenglein incident - must have blocked it out - but this trip on Goodesy still drifts into my mind in idle moments and makes the blood start to boil.

To make me feel better this afternoon, I watched the highlights of the 2006 QF, as I had ventured to Subi for that game. We were in with all a couple of hundred Swans fans on the upper deck and copped it all night from the surrounding fans, particularly when Barry Hall marked on the 50 in the pocket in front of us (from about 5:08 on this clip). The booing was seriously deafening. He walked back and calmly slotted it. I had never seen Swans fans react in the way we did. It sounds quiet on the audio but it certainly wasn't in the stand. And then when Mick kicked the sealer an hour later..... I will simply never forget it.

West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans - 2006 Qualifying Final Highlights - AFL - YouTube

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yeeeeeehhhhh;Vonsteinman. I was there at that one to. I was up in the nose bleed section. When Baz was kicking for that goal he was probably looking straight at me. Man, I had this screaming banshee of a wet toast woman beside me who was giving me the @@@@s all night but at the end I just looked at her and said YeeeeEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY. Pissed off she was. HaHAHa.
    Last edited by PerthSwannie; 24th January 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    It's funny what you remember isn't it? Today is the first time I've watched any footage from that game. I still have the brand spanking new DVD in the box set. I must admit I didn't immediately recall the Stenglein incident - must have blocked it out - but this trip on Goodesy still drifts into my mind in idle moments and makes the blood start to boil.

To make me feel better this afternoon, I watched the highlights of the 2006 QF, as I had ventured to Subi for that game. We were in with all a couple of hundred Swans fans on the upper deck and copped it all night from the surrounding fans, particularly when Barry Hall marked on the 50 in the pocket in front of us (from about 5:08 on this clip). The booing was seriously deafening. He walked back and calmly slotted it. I had never seen Swans fans react in the way we did. It sounds quiet on the audio but it certainly wasn't in the stand. And then when Mick kicked the sealer an hour later..... I will simply never forget it.

West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans - 2006 Qualifying Final Highlights - AFL - YouTube
    9:55 onwards. One of the best passages of play under that sort of pressure. Play with BALLS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    9:55 onwards. One of the best passages of play under that sort of pressure. Play with BALLS!!
    Unbelievable piece of play with one of the most memorable finishes to it in history!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'd forgotten the Stenglein one until I saw that clip again and all the memories, bile and outrage came flooding back. What a shocking decision! Plus I had to look at clips of Hunter again. Good to know I can still be furious about an injustice against our team from 7 years ago.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Massive LOL @ 4:15.

Somebody has doctored the clip and it cuts away. You'll need to pause it at the right moment, it only lasts a millisecond, but it's hilarious.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Looks like I went off a bit early (no need to comment Al) and there is a few edits at different times. Shame, I preferred the subtle 'blink and you miss it' type humour...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Reminds me of Reid's goal in last year's grand final. Admittedly one largely by hand and the other largely by foot but both A1 rebound plays.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345