Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Important :)

Goes up to 11
    Michael Jordan was a wonderful talent known pretty much world wide. He was a fabulous sight to watch in full flight - poetry in motion. There are some sportsmen and women who transcend their chosen game with their talent and artistry. MJ, Pele, Maradona, Federer and Tiger Woods are but a few - if you don't like what they do and what they've achieved, you might not be breathing. It's not about one sport being better than the other or anything - its appreciating someone at the absolute top of their game doing beautiful things. There's nothing wrong with that...

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'd think Pele or Maradonna would be better known worldwide. And, overall, I think Juan Manuel Fangio (go for a fang?) would be near the top.
    Oh, quite possibly; but I think it's reasonable to think that Jordan would at least be in consideration for best known sportsperson of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Marion Jones was worse...
    Sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    I saw a show where they went to India a while ago, and I was surprised at the amount of kids that were really into basketball.
    And they all knew who MJ was.

Our local Secondary school has 2 basketball courts and they are always filled with asian kids, mainly boys, some girls who are up there every afternoon playing basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I saw a show where they went to India a while ago, and I was surprised at the amount of kids that were really into basketball.
    And they all knew who MJ was.

Our local Secondary school has 2 basketball courts and they are always filled with asian kids, mainly boys, some girls who are up there every afternoon playing basketball.
    And their parents think they are still at school studying hard in the library....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    And their parents think they are still at school studying hard in the library....
    I think they are Uni students. But I get your drift. hehe

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    This is has been the best off season ever. Anyone bored just isn't celebrating properly.
    Also I'm in no hurry for the season to start. I have a lot more reminiscing to get in before Rd1
    Absolutely, Big Al! No need to wish your life away wanting the 2013 season to start. I, too, am still basking in the glory of that magnificent 2012 season and am in no hurry at all to "move on."

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Absolutely, Big Al! No need to wish your life away wanting the 2013 season to start. I, too, am still basking in the glory of that magnificent 2012 season and am in no hurry at all to "move on."
    A friend of mine just told me the footy season hasn't started yet. My reply "When your team is reigning premiers there is no off season."
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    A friend of mine just told me the footy season hasn't started yet. My reply "When your team is reigning premiers there is no off season."
    I love it!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456